Sign in to follow this  
silentsage

Thrust Reverser Problem in 737/747/777

I'm looking for ideas regarding how to debug the thrust reverser key command in my PMDG 737, 747.  It worked fine for several months, then suddenly stopped working.

The problem is that the aircraft ignore the F2 key press.  If I remap the F2 key to another function (e.g., external lights) the sim accepts the key press and manipulates the external lights.  I confirmed the engines are at idle before trying to activate the reversers. 

I usually use FSUIPC.  I deleted it, but no effect. I did use the logging feature to confirm the F2 keypress is being sent to the sim. 

I'm out of ideas for debugging this.  Any ideas or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave Symanow

Time ago i've experienced reverser problem, happened when i let A/T engaged until touch down, as long as A/T and A/P are disengaged during appr and landing never have any issue with reverse ( in fact it is official Boeing recommendation - either u do full automatic, or full hand landing, hybrid mode is not advised )

Artur 

17 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Time ago i've experienced reverser problem, happened when i let A/T engaged until touch down, as long as A/T and A/P are disengaged during appr and landing never have any issue with reverse ( in fact it is official Boeing recommendation - either u do full automatic, or full hand landing, hybrid mode is not advised )

It may not be advised on the 737 and 747 but it is normal on the 777. Advised or not it reverse will work with A/T engaged in the aircraft and the sim. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

I do not have 737, but experienced reverser issues with 747 QOTS.

I think Boeing recommendation applies to all models but i might be wrong here.

Artur 

1 minute ago, Beardyman said:

I do not have 737, but experienced reverser issues with 747 QOTS.

I think Boeing recommendation applies to all models but i might be wrong here.

The 777 is different because it is fly by wire and therefore the pitch couple effect is automatically controlled. As a result Boeing does not advise against using A/T with AP off  

ki9cAAb.jpg

19 hours ago, silentsage said:

I'm out of ideas for debugging this.  Any ideas or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It’s possible that your hardware throttle input is noisy and as a result will always override key commands like F2. Try disconnecting the hardware and use the default keys to control thrust. That should allow F2 to activate reverse thrust. 

ki9cAAb.jpg