Sign in to follow this  
Whisper

MilViz Beaver - sound issue

Hi,

i installed the Beaver in my P3Dv4.1 sim, on a separate drive G:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MilViz Beaver

By loading the aircraft in the sim there is a error popup which mention the soundfiles "SND1.wav...54?" can't be found.

the error is says there is a unknown location.

Error Encountered

Full Error Code 0x3

Location 5

File G:\PREPAR3D V4 ADD-ONS\MILVIZ BEAVER\SimOjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\panel\MVSounds\SND1.wav ...SND54.wav

and indeed, the MVSounds dir don't exist in my G:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MilViz Beaver\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\panel dir,

the SND1.wav (...54) files are located in the G:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MilViz Beaver\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\DHC-2_XML_Sounds dir.

any idea whats wrong?

Erik Kuppens

Did you disable your AV on download and install?  

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

yes, i just made a fresh download and reinstall (after uninstall the bad plane) with AV off.

same thing.

I also read in a other topic that it is preferable to install in P3D root.

preferable OR necessary ?

Seems strange, no ?

Erik Kuppens

necessary.  Not strange at all.

Please read page one of the manual and get on our forums.

Thanks.

c

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.