Sign in to follow this  

Majestic Q400: full simulation?

Best flight sim aircraft, in my opinion, and the videos were a big help in getting me started in the right way. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Best flight sim aircraft, in my opinion, and the videos were a big help in getting me started in the right way. 

+1

A challenging aircraft to fly that requires good coordination especially in single (sim) pilot operation.

8 hours ago, thepilot said:

A challenging aircraft to fly that requires good coordination especially in single (sim) pilot operation.

True. I am still having a hard time to not make mistakes like overspeed or stall, specially during descend and approach! This plane really keeps you busy! And I am loving it!

8 hours ago, J van E said:

True. I am still having a hard time to not make mistakes like overspeed or stall, specially during descend and approach! This plane really keeps you busy! And I am loving it!

Have you tried placing the condition levers to maximum? at zero throttle they become huge speed brakes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you tried placing the condition levers to maximum? at zero throttle they become huge speed brakes.

Yes, I always set them to maximum during approach! I don’t have problems keeping the speeds as long as I am focused on it but sometimes I am too busy with the radio’s or checking some settings... or posting on this forum during a flight LOL

20 minutes ago, J van E said:

Yes, I always set them to maximum during approach! I don’t have problems keeping the speeds as long as I am focused on it but sometimes I am too busy with the radio’s or checking some settings... or posting on this forum during a flight LOL

Ah, I understand!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The real excitement on approach on the ILS in poor conditions, is if you let the airspeed decay. The AP keeps adjusting the trim more nose up, to follow the GS, and when the speed drops into the stall region, the AP disconnects, stick shaker goes off, and nose pitches way up all at the same time. Full down elevator, power levers to max, and trim nose down, or it is into the ground you go.  That will get your heart rate going. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The real excitement on approach on the ILS in poor conditions, is if you let the airspeed decay. The AP keeps adjusting the trim more nose up, to follow the GS, and when the speed drops into the stall region, the AP disconnects, stick shaker goes off, and nose pitches way up all at the same time. Full down elevator, power levers to max, and trim nose down, or it is into the ground you go.  That will get your heart rate going. 

Haha, yes, been there, done that! :happy:

I have been flying the Q400 the last couple of days after almost 1,5 years not flying it. Been doing a couple of more challenging approaches into Skiathos, Samos, Innsbruck etc. What a great plane. She is sooo much fun to hand fly. Really gives you the feeling that she is „hanging“ in the air. Together with the NGX it is my most favorite airliner. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

27 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds very familiar.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG