Sign in to follow this  

Majestic Q400: full simulation?

Patch is out 1.020a 

Also dont forget to use this

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/2708/125hz-controls-config-tool/p1

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, nam1394 said:

Don’t miss this pdf. You can download it.

https://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/resources/LandingTheQ400.pdf

Thanks, I'll have a look at it! (I'll look at anything I can lay my hands on when it comes to the Q400.)

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

A helluva read! :smile:

I like a helluva read! :smile:

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Patch is out 1.020a 

Also dont forget to use this

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/2708/125hz-controls-config-tool/p1

Ah, ok, I presumed the downloaded file would be up to date. It's called mjc8-400-Pro-1_020x64-inst.exe without the 'a' so I will have to look for that patch.

Yes, 125hz: I thought about giving default settings a try first. But if this really does make things better...

I've got it installed and copied the doc folder to an USB stick so I can put the professional printer at work to some good use tomorrow. :smile: I also had some time to load the plane and fooled around with a few knobs and swtiches, seeing if what Aerofly FS 2 offered also works in this version and well, I have to say, it saves me a lot of time that I flew the Aerofly one already: at least I know already where all knobs are and the basic things work the same. Nice. 

First thing I noticed while sitting on the ground already that performance seems really very good...!!! I am used to airliners destroying performance on the ground already but this Q400 behaves like a GA when it comes to performance! Very happy with that!

What I didn't like (but I'll get used to it) is that the mouse control isn't very consistent: some things you can do with the scroll wheel, others you can't, some switches you can click left and right, others you can't or they react different. And I am talking about similar switches here. Very confusing and not intuitive because it seems I have to learn which switch I can use the scroll wheel for or which can be right clikced etc. It's also a drag (pun intended) that you have to actually drag the prop levers and flaps and that you can't use the scroll wheel there: I will have to assign some buttons now to those functions because I don't like dragging them. But ho, stop, I don't want to start moaning right away, haha!

O, another thing: I clicked on a circuit breaker and UP came the popup. I knew you can't access them directly (to save performance and that's fine with me) but how the heck do you get rid of that popup again? I had to reload the plane to get it done LOL

Anyway, it's looking very nice and I am looking forward to learning how to control this plane!

Had the time do to my first full flight so I decided to do the Sample flight tutorial. Man, that was a bad idea. That thing has way too many errors and things missing. (And I probably missed a few things too LOL) Does anyone know if the Detailed tutorial is any better? Afaik it is old (2013) so I doubt if it contains anything that's specific for the Pro version? I suppose it also doesn't say anything about the gear pins... :wacko: which caused me to fly slow with gear down all the time. Seriously... what a word not allowed tutorial.

If you want to help me with all the problems I encountered, feel free to join in:

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/3319/lots-of-newbie-questions-related-to-sample-tutorial

Seemed the best place to ask since this is the P3D forum.

But apart from all my problems I can already see I will have lots of fun with this one in the future! Performance is great, system depth is great and just at the level I like it! I only need a decent and good tutorial to get me going.

I am reluctant to say this because you have already spent money for the aircraft; but do consider the lessons from Airline2Sim, they are VERY informative.  There are also some great videos on Youtube.

FS2Crew is pretty helpful as well, but again costs money.

Hehe...the gear pins have caught me at before as well. :)

Ian R Tyldesley

J You have email.

Start from Cold and Dark.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

17 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

do consider the lessons from Airline2Sim, they are VERY informative.  There are also some great videos on Youtube.

+1

Never have for a other aircraft, the same informations as the 9 hours of video realised by A2S, a pearl... sure, it is a invest of money and timing to learn, but it worth it. The pleasure to feel more professional in the sim.

Sure coming from aerofly2 q400, there are few step to do... As the pin to remove by the ground service with the front door...  😩

59 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I am reluctant to say this because you have already spent money for the aircraft; but do consider the lessons from Airline2Sim, they are VERY informative.  There are also some great videos on Youtube.

FS2Crew is pretty helpful as well, but again costs money.

Hehe...the gear pins have caught me at before as well. :)

I might consider Airline2Sim because I really like the plane and I want to learn everything there is to know about it. But although I have read everywhere that the video’s are great I can’t say I liked the demo video I have seen: seemed there was a lot of useless chat and flying without anything useful happening... but well, since everyone says the video’s are great I suppose they really are. 

FS2Crew isn’t my kind of thing.

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

J You have email.

Start from Cold and Dark.

Wow, cool, mail received! I will use that for my next flight and see how far I can get! Thanks, David! 

30 minutes ago, ms2 said:

+1

Never have for a other aircraft, the same informations as the 9 hours of video realised by A2S, a pearl... sure, it is a invest of money and timing to learn, but it worth it. The pleasure to feel more professional in the sim.

Sure coming from aerofly2 q400, there are few step to do... As the pin to remove by the ground service with the front door...  😩

You are making it very hard not to get those video’s. But man, both series almost cost as much as the plane...!

Yes, well, I don’t mind the pin but I do mind that they didn’t add it to the tutorial! As I said it contains some odd errors and I am surprised it hasn’t been updated in all these years.

Yeah they aren't cheap.  I rather like the informal nature of the videos, rest assured they definitely cover the subject matter.  You don't need the second series to learn to fly the Aircraft correctly, they cover abnormal procedures; still worth the money but not essential. 

I was looking forward to the A320 series of vids but there is a guy on Youtube called Blackbox711 who has done an outstanding series on the FSL A320.  It's a real shame he hasn't done some on the Q400

Ian R Tyldesley

17 minutes ago, J van E said:

Yes, well, I don’t mind the pin

Oh man, don't be worry, each one make this mistake but after you don't forget it for ever.

Yes the videos are expensive but it worth for the pleasure of the level you fly after with beter knowledges.

Majestic q400 is a dream to fly.

What's the main differences of Pro v Pilot version?  I have the Pilot version and am fine with it but not sure what's missing. 

Jeroen, I don't know if this hack works for the Pro version, but it does for Pilot and I use it and like it lots:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/501648-how-to-simply-restore-normal-steering-behavior-in-the-dash-8/

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

What's the main differences of Pro v Pilot version?  I have the Pilot version and am fine with it but not sure what's missing. 

There is a comparative table on majestic site.

in resume:

•  the hud
  •  possibilities to have disfonctions trough the flight
  •  sharing and monitoring for a copilot.

2 hours ago, ms2 said:

There is a comparative table on majestic site.

in resume:

•  the hud
  •  possibilities to have disfonctions trough the flight
  •  sharing and monitoring for a copilot.

I looked at the table and I think about all I would appreciate might be the 'smoother controls'.  Shared cockpit and random failures I don't really care about, half of the other attributes I have no idea what they are, so it appears ignorance is bliss....and is about $30 cheaper to boot!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X