Sign in to follow this  
Bourrinopathe

GTN 650 + default jet (Cirrus SF50)

I've been trying to make use of the small displays in the default Cirrus jet.
The GTN 750 wouldn't fit and the dimensions aren't good either for the GTN 650, but with a few compromises it's possible to improve the flight experience (even if the cockpit is not fully realistic).
I also added a glass effect on the windshield and side windows while I was at it ;)
(XP 11.10 beta 8)

Of course, there are a few limitations (the G1000 and the GTNs are not synchronized (FPL, DTO, etc.)), the pop-up windows is required for a few operations.
Not shown in the video, but the three buttons on the side are functional (HOME, DTO, pop-up window).

I'll share the files soon.

That little jet is getting much more interesting…

• Upvote 2

Nice. Are you using TrackIR?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thanks. I need to find a way to toggle the glass reflection by clicking on a button (if possible).
I'm using OpenTrack, but the occasional zoom jitter in the video is my Saitek X55 throttle doing (nasty) Saitek things :)

The tiny mod is almost ready:

d2a7ed1a8ad2d3edcf6ec59733e4886c.jpg47841748420376c604a2ed70dc3a02b4.jpg

The third touchscreen has been improved with four annunciators and other useful functions.
The windshield/windows reflection and dirt effect can be toggled by using the appropriate touchscreen button.
The "TAWS inhibit" function is linked to the second GTN 650 (configured with TAWS B). Press that button to make bitchin' Betty more confident in your skills. Press again to unleash her wrath.

4345a961e6a8aac46a6d544829d1c3c5.jpg

Overall, the addition of the GTNs make the Cirrus Vision in X-Plane more usable™ and more importantly: it's now closer to the capabilities offered by the Perspective avionics which equip the SF50.
The mod is full of compromises but still very enjoyable.

I still have an issue with the cabin door window animation but otherwise, everything seems fine.
I'd like some feedback and possible bugs smashing, so if any user wants to test the mod, please shoot me a PM.

Once everything looks ok, I'll share the mod.

• Upvote 3

Amazing work. Guess I'll have to buy the 650 just because of this (I just have the 750). Just waiting for Black Friday because I still have hope that there will be a sale.

Jean-Luc, don't disappoint me.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi Jean-Luc, I just bought the GTN 650, thanks for the sale.

As I already have the 750 do I need to install a different trainer for the 650 or the one I already have is good for both the 750 and 650?

Thanks.

Alvega

Hi Alvega,

The same trainer is used for both! As a matter of fact, when installing, it will auto-detect and recap the trainer installation status for you: already installed, already downloaded but not installed, not downloaded.

You can even shortcut the installation: just run the e-commerce installer, purchase (or re-install depending), select 'no' when asked to run the extracted software installer, done. The e-commerce step authenticate your license, the extracted software installer (the RXP installer that is) installs the files. Both the GTN 750 and the GTN 650 are in the same plugin, it is unlocked with the license.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Quick news about the mod: it's not ready yet.
I still need to run some tests and fix an animation issue.
But… some feedback would be welcome and it's very usable in the current state.

Here's a temporary download link if you want to test it.

Reporting bugs, oddities and X-Plane going boom is welcome ;)
Just don't expect miracles, there's a G1000 in there too.
Extract the content of the archive in your aircraft folder.

There's no readme or anything.
Test the buttons on the bezels so you figure out what they do.

Use at your own risk. (the risk is low though ;) )

897589ccc89da6b423b664a271977533.jpg

Emergency landing due to lack of memory (I forgot checking my fuel). Annunciator RED, quick NEAREST + DTO, back home safe. All that without struggling.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Jean-Luc for the explanation and Bourrinopathe for sharing the config. I now have another amazing plane to fly.

Alvega

1 hour ago, Howiefly said:

Hi Jean-Luc,  Is there a sale on now for the 650?  I could also be interested!

Thanks,  Howard

Sale here: http://www.reality-xp.com/

Don't forget to download the coupon and activate it.

Alvega

Awesome mod thanks!  

Do you mean the G1000 cdi won't interact with the GTN cdi or just that the GTN fixes don't show in the g1000?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |