Sign in to follow this  

REPLAY feature issues

Hi Keven,

Great first start at the Replay feature.  A few items I noted (you may already be aware of or I might not be operating the system correctly):

1.  Paused my flight (Q400) shortly after takeoff about 1000ft AGL and ran the replay, all good except when I returned to continue my flight the Q400 was on the ground travelling at 200 Kts thru the terring and not in the air where I left it.

2.  I wasn't able to change the replay duration from 1200sec -- is this hard coded or is their a config files setting I can adjust value - note I can enter a new value but it always reverts back to 1200.

3.  The Q400 exhibited some strange lights behavior -- they kept turning On/Off frequently during the replay where I had only turned on flare/appr lights and strobes once.

I'm assuming that the correct method for replay is to pause the active flight, bring up replay, then use the replay feature, once done with replay bring the marker forward to current, unpause and continue flying?  Perhaps because how the Q400 works it was unique in this issue?

Big thank you for the replay feature.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I'm collecting all the reports right now. Thanks for giving me those observations!

The Q400 has it's own flight dynamic. It's already hard to replay most aircraft's animations correctly, having a custom flight dynamic on top really doesn't help our replay system!

After v1.0 is out, we'll start looking at all the reports and try to make a global picture of what needs to be done for the system to work with as many aircraft as possible. This will obviously require work with 3rd parties.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Not used P3D in a few months...

Does the CP replay feature support PMDG aircraft?

The standard P3D replay doesn't animate the control surfaces.

I hope the CP replay can somehow talk to the PMDG aircraft (via the SDK?) and record/replay the control surface positions

Matthew S

I capture Rob's post to add some more issues with the Replay function, wich is btw a great enhancement!

1. Please condense the Play button and the Pause button to only ONE button. It's hard to hit the correct button wile analyzing the replay on an other screen.

2. The Display of the Pitch is inverted. Pitch up -> curve goes down and v.v.

Saying that again, you are doing a great job! Thanks for that.

Cheers, Markus

Thanks Keven,

Agree with Markus comments and really appreciate the work you've done with CP ... from Movie making to reviewing what I do wrong (or right) during a sequence is very important for any flight simulator.

Cheers, Rob.

Replay with PMDG B744: after taxi i opened some doors at the gate, en when trying the replay function later, my plane was "replaying" with doors open...

50 minutes ago, headley said:

Replay with PMDG B744: after taxi i opened some doors at the gate, en when trying the replay function later, my plane was "replaying" with doors open...

So it sounds like it doesn't work with PMDG aircraft?  Or at least the doors don't work.

What about the control surfaces and reversers? Are their positions properly recorded/replayed?

Matthew S

I only got replay to work once, after that everytime I enter replay mode to watch my take off, it shows my plane parked at the gate and doing strange things. I usually pause my sim and then enter replay mode. But when exiting replay and unpausing my sim, my plane will be moving cross the ground. This happened with FSLabs A320 and PMDG 777.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

For all the comments above, sounds extremely bizarre for me that this replay system was not tested enough with the most used aircraft, like the PMDG ones and the MJCQ400 and FSLabs A320, even if it's in beta phase. If that is the case, I suggest in CP disabling the new system for those aircraft with particular flight dynamics until the main issues are resolved.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

44 minutes ago, edpatino said:

For all the comments above, sounds extremely bizarre for me that this replay system was not tested enough with the most used aircraft, like the PMDG ones and the MJCQ400 and FSLabs A320, even if it's in beta phase.

We never claimed that the Replay system would work with all aircraft right of the line.

The replay system is an experiment at this point and will not be pushed to the stable channel until we are satisfied with the results (that will take months and years). During our presentation at Cosford, we mentioned that we would be working with developers to have the most popular aircraft behave right with our system.

What everyone needs to understand is that every aircraft is build differently and most of them are coded without any sort of standard we could adhere to. The only standard in place is the SDK and many devs understandably decide to go around the standard way of doing things for a myriad of good reasons. Our goal with the Replay system is to have something that unifies all of this into a 100% working replay system (at least visually) for as many aircraft as possible. This is going to take time and we understand that.

Right now our focus is on getting the camera system working flawlessly and releasing v1.0. The replay system is something we are working on in parallel and definitely not something we'll target our sale strategy on until we know it's ready.

At this time, we are collecting feedback from users and developers for the Replay system. Many devs have shown their interest into making their aircraft work with the system and we will be working with them in the upcoming months/years to get the systems to react the right way when in a replay condition.

Remember that this is a first step and that we still have a long way to go. This was also mentioned when we announced the feature.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

34 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Remember that this is a first step and that we still have a long way to go. This was also mentioned when we announced the feature.

Keven, thanks for your clarification.

If I want to get to the non-experimental version of CP, to what stage in development it currently is?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Stable version is currently 0.3.70 and we believe that by the end of december we'll have transitioned Beta 0.4 into the Stable channel.

You can see all the changes between both versions in the What's new section at the bottom right of the interface.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

10 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Stable version is currently 0.3.70 and we believe that by the end of december we'll have transitioned Beta 0.4 into the Stable channel.

You can see all the changes between both versions in the What's new section at the bottom right of the interface.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ed

Hi Keven,

Did you improve performance in v0.4.78 Beta, seems smoother and less long frames.

Please keep the Replay feature in the Beta versions, not perfect as per your warnings, but still very useful.

Cheers, Rob.

Just now, Rob Ainscough said:

Did you improve performance in v0.4.78 Beta, seems smoother and less long frames.

Please keep the Replay feature in the Beta versions, not perfect as per your warnings, but still very useful.

We changed a few things with TrackIR and some focus logic issues. Nothing that would affect framerate or performance. It's great that you are seeing a change for the better tho!

We will leave the replay system in the Experimental build

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42