Sign in to follow this  
npj

Nosewheel Swivels, Aircraft Does Not Turn

Hi,

I have the latest 777 version installed into P3Dv4.1 and on all the versions (200 / 300ER / F) when taxiing the nose wheel (and rear main gear wheels) swivel but the aircraft will not make a turn.  It literally changes course by a degree or two so essentially, the aircraft continues straight while the nose wheels are at 90 degrees!!  I have tried auto rudder on and off in settings.  I have rudder pedals and these are calibrated and operational.  I have checked on flight control page and it clearly shows rudder moving with pedal movement and of course I see the nose gear swivel in outside view.  Also, I have tried at different airports.

It is driving me nuts so any help would be very gratefully received.

Cheers,

Nick Jakes

16 hours ago, npj said:

It is driving me nuts so any help would be very gratefully received.

FSUIPC or GSX?

Kyle Rodgers

I am having the same issue. I went to use 777 today for the first time in a while and pushed back and went to turn on a taxiway and unfortunately was unable to do so. Unlike the original poster I am still in V3 and use both FSUIPC4 and GSX. I initially loaded in the 772 and then tried the 773 and the 744 and all had the same issue in that the nose wheel simply wont turn. I have looked in failures but could not find it in there. 

3 minutes ago, dan747fan said:

Unlike the original poster I am still in V3 and use both FSUIPC4 and GSX.

Have you tried without using the GSX pushback function? Have you tried temporarily relocating the FSUIPC.ini file out of your <sim>\modules folder?

Kyle Rodgers

48 minutes ago, dan747fan said:

I have just tried to this, however this also didn't seem to fix the issue.

Can you explain in greater detail what you actually did?

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle and dan747fan,

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

I have spent a bit of time trouble shooting this and narrowed it down to EZcamera.  I have no idea why it was causing a problem, however, when disabling the programme in sim the problem disappeared and the aircraft behaved as it should, steering included.  When enabling it again the problem reappeared!!  Subsequent to this, I have reinstalled this programme with the latest official update and the 777 is working perfectly.

I am using GSX btw.  Prior to the problem, I carried out a full clean install of P3D4.1 (having removed v4.0) but didn't remove and reinstall EZcamera.  I wonder whether this was the reason?

I realise that this may be unique to my setup, however, am happy to provide more info on system etc. if you think this may be of use.

Cheers both,

Nick Jakes

18 hours ago, npj said:

I have spent a bit of time trouble shooting this and narrowed it down to EZcamera.  I have no idea why it was causing a problem, however, when disabling the programme in sim the problem disappeared and the aircraft behaved as it should, steering included.  When enabling it again the problem reappeared!!  Subsequent to this, I have reinstalled this programme with the latest official update and the 777 is working perfectly.

Honestly, I don't either, but their program has gotten a bit more aggressive in the past year or so. Their "camera shake" function, for example, doesn't move the eyepoint, it actually just batters the plane with different aerodynamic forces to get the whole plane to move, and thus, the eyepoint moves with it.

So...with that in mind, I'm not entirely surprised that this ended up being the cause...

Kyle Rodgers