Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

X-Plane 11 Flight Plans

After several hours of head scratching I have now discovered that x-plane 11 uses a different format (.fml) for flight plans which explains why whenever I tried to load a plan into the fms I got the error ROUTE NOT FOUND.

I have a number of plans in the .fms format which were mainly copied over from x-plane to the the x-plane 11 output/fms plans folder although some were included in a package I downloaded from somewhere.

Is there an online flight planner that saves in the .fml format or does it mean having to manually enter a plan into the fms and then save it to get the right format for future use?

Thanks

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

Spoiler

I just loaded an fms file saved from Plan G into X-Plane 11.10b8, all my other flight plans are in fms format and they loaded into the Piper Arrow OK.

Edited by wb5okj
ccidently hid the message LOL

Thanks, that's very strange mine definitely won't load into the default 737 or a couple of other aircraft I have and the following article https://developer.x-plane.com/?article=flightplan-files-v11-fms-file-format quotes the change.

I have now tried a couple of plans and get the same error. I am wondering whether this is due to my having the UFMC plugin enabled although I thought this only applied to the eadt X737.

At a bit of an impass as to what to do next as I haven't yet got a handle on how to manually enter a route into the fms and especially how to deal with disconnects.

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5