Sign in to follow this  

ProATC/X version? Plus Majestic Q400 question

I am thinking about getting the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 and in preparation I was thinking about installing ProATC/X already. However, I read it is not officially compatible with P3D v4.1? I also read about a beta numbered 1.8.8.5 being released to the testers in May already but when I want to download the lastest installer it's still version 1.8.7.9...? I am not a fan of installing incompatible software... Is ProATC/X still alive?

What I'd also wanted to ask: does ProATC/X support the Q400 when it comes to things like exporting flightplans into the plane (like it used to do with the AS Airbus)? Or might another ATC app be better for the Q400 somehow?

If you are seriously considering the Q400, you also may consider a crew simulation/management package: FS2Crew for Q400.
The price is steep but I guess there are some discount coupon codes available.
It adds realistic cockpit procedures/flows (PF/PNF) to the Q400.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

My understanding is that they update ProATC-X once a year (March).  I have used it in P3DV4.1 and have had two CTD's but it is very difficult to determine whether it was ProATC-X or some other issue (Windows Update?).  It worked during most of the flight and then a CTD.  I upgraded to Windows 10 v1709 last week and P3D is working well so will try another flight and see if it works.  I'm sure there are many who have successfully used it though. 

EDIT:  Looking at the forums, I see you posted there and the Admin answered your question.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello,

I am using ProATC-X on all my flights since years. I am using P3Dv4.1 and never had a single P3D CTD.

However, I sometimes have a ProATC-X CTD but the function "resume from last crash" works like a dream and allows me to continue the flight without problem with ATC.

Regards

Chris

(just realized that I need to update my sig)

Ok, thanks all! And btw importing plans or not isn't such a big deal because I am planning on doing short flights only so they are easily entered into the FMS.

48 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

If you are seriously considering the Q400, you also may consider a crew simulation/management package: FS2Crew for Q400.
The price is steep but I guess there are some discount coupon codes available.
It adds realistic cockpit procedures/flows (PF/PNF) to the Q400.

Well, actually, I think FS2Crew adds a bit too much realism, meaning it takes a lot of time to go through the whole process. I had it for the NGX ages ago and skipped stuff as much as I could. :happy: I also got sick and tired of the woman saying 'May I take your coat, please'. Saw a video yesterday of the Q400 and FS2Crew and I heard her again and immediately thought 'Not that again!'. :laugh:

Hi Jeroen,

I use ProATC with the Q400 all the time, no problems at all. Regarding flight plans, I use SimBrief to export the flight plan to the aircraft, just make sure you use the copy and paste function in PATC so the plans match.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

27 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Hi Jeroen,

I use ProATC with the Q400 all the time, no problems at all. Regarding flight plans, I use SimBrief to export the flight plan to the aircraft, just make sure you use the copy and paste function in PATC so the plans match.

Thanks, good to hear! 

Question! ProATC/X doesn't have the Dash 8 Q400 in it's airplane database. Has anyone here added it to ProATX/C? If so, could you share the profile or the data I have to enter in ProATC/X when I want to add it as a new plane?