Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

GPS selection not saved

Am not sure when this started - I think it was about the time I upgraded from P3D 4.0 to 4.1 - but I've noticed that my choice of GPS isn't saved in the settings menu from one flight to the next.  All the other selections carry over, but the GPS always reverts to the PMDG default, and switching to the F1 GTN requires the aircraft to be reloaded.  Wondering if anyone else is seeing this, or if it's operator error (if so, wouldn't be the first time I'd missed something completely obvious).  I realize this might call for a ticket, but I thought I'd check here before I put any demands on the PMDG support system.  Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

This data is saved by the DC6 module in an ini (text) file located in the PMDG\PMDG DC-6\ folder... named options. If that file is not being updated you could have a problem with file permissions or not using admin rights with P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, Dan - that gives me a place to start.  I thought I had the permissions set correctly - now I'm wondering if one of the Windows updates did something creative.  Will check and advise.

Well, I seem to be making some progress.  A reinstall of the GTN didn't seem to have any effect.  A reinstall of the DC-6 did. The GPS changes seem to be persistent from one load to the next.  I'll keep an eye on it and see if it sticks - and if it doesn't, I'll see if I can identify the circumstances.  Separately, a problem with UT Live appeared, then went away.  I continue to suspect that there are some Windows update issues at work here.

A question - the DC-6_Options.ini doesn't seem to include a reference to the GPS selection.  Should it?

11 hours ago, Alan_A said:

A question - the DC-6_Options.ini doesn't seem to include a reference to the GPS selection.  Should it?

I'm not sure, it seems to be an obscure reference on purpose.  All PMDG configuration files are pretty easy to read or decode except the ones done for this particular product.

Dan Downs KCRP