Sign in to follow this  
Sprajcik

Window heating, A/P Standby

Would be posible to add two this two things?:

1. After landing when Taxing FO turn off the Windows heating, when i'm flying with HGS it's very dificult to keep focus on Taxiway and Turning that back ON. Maybe will be posible to change flows so that the Heating will be turned off first after engines are off.

2. When i'm flying Visual approach after base turn i would like to turn off the Flight Director, why i can't do this with voice command "Select Standby" or "Flight Director Standby". That is verry anoying to take the Hands off from Yoke to turn of the FD.

3. FS2crew it's the best addon for Fly Siming and the NR 1 criterium when i'm buying new aircrafts. Thank You so much for greate Product !

4 hours ago, Sprajcik said:

Would be posible to add two this two things?:

1. After landing when Taxing FO turn off the Windows heating, when i'm flying with HGS it's very dificult to keep focus on Taxiway and Turning that back ON. Maybe will be posible to change flows so that the Heating will be turned off first after engines are off.

2. When i'm flying Visual approach after base turn i would like to turn off the Flight Director, why i can't do this with voice command "Select Standby" or "Flight Director Standby". That is verry anoying to take the Hands off from Yoke to turn of the FD.

3. FS2crew it's the best addon for Fly Siming and the NR 1 criterium when i'm buying new aircrafts. Thank You so much for greate Product !

Glad you like it :-)

I'll add those to Version 3.3.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

I agree with No 1, while taxying to the stand after landing my side windows often suddenly mist up even with the side vents open, so have to turn the Window Heat back on.

Glen

And I agree with the FD STBY request. Interestingly I have noticed that the command is recognized and the FO will even reply Set but then will not touch the button (yet).

If I may add a request: would it be possible to add an Are you ready for the departure review kind of sequence, as in NGX reboot SOP 3, before the Before T/O checklist? First it gives you one more thing to do during long taxi times :-) and second in the C/L a take off briefing is mentioned which would suggest this SOP would also include a review during taxi.

I realize that I would have to do the review myself but I don’t mind, in fact I find that it helps me focus on some of the particulars of the impending takeoff, just as intended in RW OPS I guess.

If the Any questions No questions routine would still be available at this point, that would really be the icing on the cake.