Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

FireFighter X 1.83 released

Hello @ll,

Fire Fighter X version 1.83 has been released today. Please allow for up to 48 hours until it is deployed to your account in the shop where you bought it (SimMarket has already confirmed the update). Uninstalling the old version is not necessary, but it doesn't hurt either.

• Starting with this version, FFX will no longer just drop retardant when you press the trigger! You have to arm the drop system first! To do that, just click on the green LED on the top left of the drop control dialog, or use the appropriate button on the gauges.
  • The same is true when you want to scoop water with a skimmer aircraft or helicopter bucket. You have to arm the scooping system first (green LED on the right or buttons on the gauges)
  • Please refer to the FFX user manuals for details!!

Other than that, FFX now gives you more control over AI aircraft from inside the simulator itself (menus are accessible with Shift&F9, Shift&F10). Furthermore you can trigger siren signals with Shift&F11 (drop imminent) or Shift&F12 (drop complete). Siren signals are propagated over the network too.
At the end of the users manual you will find a table listing all the simulator variables and events that FFX uses, in case you want to assign Joystick buttons or create your own gauges.

Best regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Thank you for this new and improved version of FFX!

Your support, commitment and openmindness to the community’s comments and requests are truly exceptional!

Is anyone else having problems with helitorch in multiplayer? When a heli lights a fire with the torch, it either creates the fire AND spawns identical fire 10nm away OR spawns fire 10nm away. It doesn't matter if I'm the server or the client. Any help would be much appreciated.

27 minutes ago, helinovice said:

Is anyone else having problems with helitorch in multiplayer? When a heli lights a fire with the torch, it either creates the fire AND spawns identical fire 10nm away OR spawns fire 10nm away. It doesn't matter if I'm the server or the client. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

can't say that I have heard of this before. Are you using addon scenery, like ORBX regions? This effect could be related to unusual surface types, so the app would be tricked into thinking that it has to respawn the fire in a different place. Helitorch fires create a lot of elementals - how big is the fire that is 10 miles away? And is it always exactly 10?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I have no other addons. If I light a line that creates a fire size of 40 for example, the fire spawned will be identical in size and pattern. And the fire is always exactly 10nm away. 

1 hour ago, helinovice said:

I have no other addons. If I light a line that creates a fire size of 40 for example, the fire spawned will be identical in size and pattern. And the fire is always exactly 10nm away. 

Hi,

I have just tried this on my LAN - I can't detect any issues. I flew the Robinson in both sims (FSX:SE and P3D V4.1) with the heli torch, and I was lighting fires both on client and server. Fires were created as expected and replicated correctly.

Maybe it would be best if you contacted me via email with more details about your setup. EMail-address is on the last page of the manual, or you can use the "Contace Us" form on the Lorby-SI website. Please remember to include your proof of purchase.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

...and so...I would really like to like this program (and I do) but I am being bedeviled by some problems...these are directly related to having to "alt-tab" out of the program to arm the drop, and then have a tough time getting back into the simulation where I find one of several things have happened....the simulation has advanced enough for me to crash, the drop arming has reversed itself so I line up a beauty drop and nothing happens or I can't manage to activate the button to arm the drop....all of this occurs while the screen resolution flutters back and forth rather than letting me back into the game. Is there a hot key I can use to arm the drop in game?.....sorry for my bellyaching but I would really like this to run (ps will there ever be an expansion in the concept so perhaps I can move ground crews in with a helicopter?).....thank you for your time.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, bbushh said:

...and so...I would really like to like this program (and I do) but I am being bedeviled by some problems...these are directly related to having to "alt-tab" out of the program to arm the drop, and then have a tough time getting back into the simulation where I find one of several things have happened....the simulation has advanced enough for me to crash, the drop arming has reversed itself so I line up a beauty drop and nothing happens or I can't manage to activate the button to arm the drop....all of this occurs while the screen resolution flutters back and forth rather than letting me back into the game. Is there a hot key I can use to arm the drop in game?.....sorry for my bellyaching but I would really like this to run (ps will there ever be an expansion in the concept so perhaps I can move ground crews in with a helicopter?).....thank you for your time.

Hi,

this sounds like you are overtaxing your system. Under normal circumstances the Alt&Tab procedure is hardly noticable. I suggest using only the "light" fire effects and to keep the number and size of the fires small (1 fire, max size 10)

• Make sure that you download the latest version of FFX from your shop account where you bought it
  • There are simulator events and custom gauges available to control the FFX systems, as described in the user manual
  • With some aircraft, the arming events (seat belts, no smoking lights) do not work. Most noticable the Captain Sim C130 and some Nemeth helicopters. In that case you must use the "bypass simulator events" checkbox on the drop dialogs (you need the latest version for that!). You will have to arm the systems on the drop dialog because the events and the controller gauge can no longer function. I suggest arming the drop system before you take off and just leave it at that.

No, there won't be any expansion to FFX. The more advanced concepts are only available in our professional line of wildfire training solutions.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI