Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Fireworks around London

Hi all,

My last couple of flights into London i have seen fireworks in the distance, What is confusing me is i just saw them on my daytime arrival into LHR. Is this a P3D feature? I'm wondering how i can adjust it so i don't see them in the daytime, Or even at night. The only addons i use that would affect the London area is Aerosoft Heathrow, ORBX Open LC EU. I'm using P3D 4.1. 

Any info on this is greatly appreciated as i'm baffled haha 

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Whats the date of your simulation when this is happening?

It could be bonfire night.

Simbol 

Hello

Sim in real time, So today i saw the fireworks 21st November 

Just now, Mejjo said:

Hello

Sim in real time, So today i saw the fireworks 21st November 

Ok, odd as bonfire night is only between the 4th to the 5th of Nov.

No idea what could be causing it the, move the date of the sim to previous and post days to see if it happens again.

Simbol

Just now, simbol said:

No idea what could be causing it the, move the date of the sim to previous and post days to see if it happens again.

Simbol

Hmm strange, I change the date of the sim around and still see them. Even during daytime. 

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Just to debug, does it happens if you set the date to April or June?

I did this, and it seems there were no fireworks showing. I then changed the date to November 5th for Bonfire night and still saw no fireworks lol.. Very strange how its showing then suddenly. 

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

I will test later this week on my Sim to see if the same thing happens

Thank you.. Wondering if its a bug or simply something within my sim. 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Simbol

Probably Divali not firework nights, Thanks Tony Blair. 

It's also definitely not "Christmas lights"  you see on Oxford and Regents Street (when on finals to 27r) it's "festive lights" once again thanks Tony Blair, Christmas doesn't get celebrated now in London we have a "festive season" instead.  

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

So 

Lol, so you not voting Labour net time ah?

Simbol

I live in Zone 2, finsbury park.  Christmas and firework night is banned.  The amount of ASRs we get around divali due fireworks going up around hounslow and southhall and pilots getting flashed on finals is nuts.  But There's no way Heathrow is banning divali fireworks though is it, the local "community leaders" would complain.  

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

Strangely I have noticed this only this week too!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire