Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Importing .gfp flight plan into Catalog

There was a bug introduced in RC1 which didn't prevented listing the flight plans, but failed the import process once selecting a flight plan to import. This is fixed in RC2.

So to sum up the issue you are having, the flight plans do not list correctly, and you have to rename the files in a certain way to make them in the list, however, once you do, they import ok?

waht is your windows localization/language?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just now, RXP said:

There was a bug introduced in RC1 which didn't prevented listing the flight plans, but failed the import process once selecting a flight plan to import. This is fixed in RC2.

So to sum up the issue you are having, the flight plans do not list correctly, and you have to rename the files in a certain way to make them in the list, however, once you do, they import ok?

waht is your windows localization/language?

yes, correct. The first letter of the file must be within a narrow range. I simply add 'a_' at the beginning of any file I want listed and it shows up and you can import it. I take off the 'a_' and it disappears from the list. I forget the exact range of permissible letters, but I can also use a few ascii characters - like '#_' works as well. 

My Windows 7 x64 system is English (Australia), and the Location is Australia

I would not spend sleepless nights over it. My fix works fine for me. Importing flight plans is really pretty useless anyway - the Garmin DB is so different from the XP one, and so outdated/limited it is barely worth the effort.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Hi,

I'm wondering though, did this issue only appeared since v2.4.9? or did it happened since GTN trainer 6.41?

Is there any chance you could try GTN trainer 6.21 with v2.4.10RC2 to cross check if there is an issue with the trainer on your system? (NB: both 6.41 and 6.21 install side-by-side, but you'll have to redirect the GTN plugin to use 6.21 paths with the environment variables described in the RXP User's Manual - Although technically, in doing so, it also alters the test because changing the path overrides the internal Trainer 'path handling' from its own, to ours).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On November 28, 2017 at 6:08 PM, RXP said:

Hi, v2.4.10 RC2 is now live, and I hope it fixes this bug. There was a bug indeed introduced in RC1, which affected the actual 'import' action, and possibly also building the list of flight plan files.

Where can one download this ... I've searched high and low on all the F1 forums? :blush:

I will make a bookmark for future reference because maybe I'm too stupid to understand what where when why on the F1 1 forums. It seems everything is everywhere and nowhere. 

Terblanche Jordaan

Hi, the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is a genuine Reality XP product.

Therefore, the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for X-Plane v2.4.10 is the one you purchase anew, or the one you get in the Plugins | Reality XP GTN | Check Updates...

NB: they are only our e-commerce procurement partner. Although they sell a product with a similar name, this is not a Reality XP's.

12 hours ago, RXP said:

Therefore, the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for X-Plane v2.4.10 is the one you purchase anew

Oh my - just shows you ... here I am thinking it's all about the GTN 750/650 from F1 for P3D4. No wonder I could find any reference to it. Thank you for clearing up my confusion. Now, could you perhaps help with where did I put my glasses? :biggrin:

Terblanche Jordaan

Here, it is all about the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for X-Plane, and our other forum is all about the Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch for FltSim (from FS9 to P3D4).

You might want to try out XP11 with the RXP GTN, it is a totally different experience both for the simulator, and for the GTN!