Sign in to follow this  
smudger565

Login Password for Support & Store

Hi All,

I have been away for quiet while from and I am trying to log in to my account to get updates for the 737 to upgraded it.

With this new Password System I just seem to be going round in Circles!!!!! They send me the new password link but when I copy over the link for the password to get in it just goes back to Square one. The links I have used before on other sites are Blue and work. The passwords they send are so long if I copy and paste this does not work either !!!!!!

Any help would be most grateful

Best Regards

Paul Smith

28 minutes ago, smudger565 said:

With this new Password System I just seem to be going round in Circles!!!!! They send me the new password link but when I copy over the link for the password to get in it just goes back to Square one. The links I have used before on other sites are Blue and work. The passwords they send are so long if I copy and paste this does not work either !!!!!!

Paul,

Can you be more specific about your procedure? From what I remember from doing this the other week, you log in, it tells you to check your email to update your password, you click on the link, and then set a new password. You then close that window, and log in as if you would've any other day from our site. Don't close the window and attempt to use the link from your email again, as that will only reset your password again.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thank you for your reply,

My Procedure is I try to login and it says "We have sent you a link to your email address" I know it only last 15 minutes, I have clicked the link and nothing happens!!!! As I wrote I am used to having links in Blue and there is nothing just plain Black & White? No matter where I click I get nothing so.....

I do not even get to set a new password, perhaps my settings on my computer are stopping this?

Thank you again

Paul

20 minutes ago, smudger565 said:

As I wrote I am used to having links in Blue and there is nothing just plain Black & White?

Some email services will disable links unless you have us on your contacts list, or you click on a button above the message that says "this is safe" or "I trust this sender." Depends on the service, though.

All the same, copy and paste the link into your browser, and it should work from there.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

No luck tried what you wrote and the message I get from PMDG is Invalid reset password link or it was expired. Click here to request a new one.

I did this within a minute so I was in the 15 minutes time.

Can you not give me a PW which will work then I can change it to my own?

Regards

Paul Smith

Hi Paul,

I went thru this last week and had the same problems.  I started with PMDG when they first came out and bought all of their original planes.  I am getting a little old so quit using them for a while but thought I would go back and try the 737 again.  I couldn't log on for any updates and now am having the same problem you are.

I hope they come up with a better method of getting into their system.

Tom Hibben

Guys,

The process is simple, go to the link in my signature, create an account if you do not have there, account is different than the store account, and open a ticket with us.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

15 hours ago, smudger565 said:

Can you not give me a PW which will work then I can change it to my own?

That's the whole point of this procedure. If I were to change it for you, you'd still have to log in and change it, using essentially the same procedure you're using now.

What browser are you using to do this? Either you're doing something odd with the link, or your browser is doing something odd. I had to reset my password the other day and it worked, and so far, only two people are reporting issues, so it's not likely to be an issue with the system.

13 hours ago, THibben said:

I went thru this last week and had the same problems.  I started with PMDG when they first came out and bought all of their original planes.  I am getting a little old so quit using them for a while but thought I would go back and try the 737 again.  I couldn't log on for any updates and now am having the same problem you are.

I hope they come up with a better method of getting into their system.

That's the whole reason for this change, honestly. Also: it is prudent to troubleshoot to ensure that it isn't something being caused on your end. As only one of two users reporting the issue, it's not likely to be an issue on our end. No matter how robust and easy we make a system, if your computer is the cause of the issue, making our system better isn't going to solve anything...

As I asked Paul earlier, can you be more specific about the issue you're having, and the steps that you have taken? I cannot see your computer, and I cannot read your mind, so in order to help you, I need to know exactly what's going on.

Kyle Rodgers

HI Kyle, & THibben

Thank you for your reply & patience with me.

I am using Google as the internet provider and my operating system is Windows 7. & Microsoft Outlook for my emails

I am using the same computer for all my correspondence & Flt Sims games with no problem

I have reduced my internet Cookies etc to 0

I am using RegCure Pro as my Anti malware etc

This is the email you send me Hello Paul Smith, Please use the link below to reset your password: https://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/passwordreset.asp?email=smudger565%40hotmail.com&GUID=rfMHP70En96v7GxSRMmpqTbf Note: this link will be expired after 15 minutes and you need to request a new one. Thank you for shopping with us. http://www.precisionmanuals.com 

The Link I was using to log in is this one in Bold, my question to you Kyle is it all the link I have made in BOLD or is it only part? Last night I clicked on your signature as you wrote, it is when I had this message "Invalid reset password link or it was expired"

I used to use same log in password for store and to log in for Updates my last purchase was 320515 for the BAE Jetstream May 2015 and the 737 was before that

I hope this helps, sorry to be a pain, I will start a new account if it helps but I feel it will be the same problem as it seems it is my end and the 1st time I have encountered anything like this with any downloads for software. Also I might add I am not a computer genius and do not use a computer every day for business as I am retired so...

I look forward to your reply

Paul S

11 minutes ago, smudger565 said:

The Link I was using to log in is this one in Bold, my question to you Kyle is it all the link I have made in BOLD or is it only part? Last night I clicked on your signature as you wrote, it is when I had this message "Invalid reset password link or it was expired"

The link begins at "https" and continues all the way to the end of the letters 'rfMHP70En96v7GxSRMmpqTbf'. For example, a link to google is https://www.google.com - the full link begins at the letters https, and continues to the end of .com.

15 minutes ago, smudger565 said:

I am using Google as the internet provider and my operating system is Windows 7. & Microsoft Outlook for my emails

An internet provider and internet browser are two different things. I use Verizon as my internet provider, and Google Chrome as my internet browser. The latter is the program that you're using right now to look at this post. What is that program?

You may also be running into issues with either (or both) Outlook and your anti-virus program (usually the latter - aftermarket anti-virus programs are complete garbage, honestly).

Kyle Rodgers

Cookies to zero? Afaik you cannot log in to any site without using cookies, pmdg won‘t be an exeption.. 

Hi Kyle

The Internet provider is BT British Telecom, browser Google.

I have just tried what you wrote re the link and it still comes up with the "Invalid reset password link or it was expired. Click here to request a new one." on your website. I am sure it cannot be all my end but I will look into my anti virus, it is all well and good sitting your end Kyle because you computer is set up for your company.

I have run out of ideas to be honest, I have tried your links so many times 15 minutes to sort out the problem but to no avail. All I wanted to do was buy the upgrade and try get the Ops Centre for new airlines and it has turned into a nightmare.

Ephedrin the reason Cookies were turned off as when I tried another software a few months back & it is what I had to do so.... I thought it could be the same Thank you for your thoughts & help.

Oh well I will keep trying.....

Regards

Paul Smith

Just reset my password due to the changes in login security since I last used my account and it worked flawlessly for me.