Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

P3dv4 video card performance?

I have a hardware question for you guys. I have a 1080ti and 980ti card on a extreme Maximus vi board (rog). I run three monitors . I put the main sim on the 1080ti  and the other two monitors which are used for undocked  gauges and info - that is where I use the 908ti.On my board I will only get 16x throughput if I use one card. If I use 2 cards  it gets throttled to 8x on each slot . Does anyone here have enough experience to say I would get better performance using all 3 monitors on one card at 16x or split it up with 2 monitors on the 980ti and  the sim on the other  1080ti at 8x. thanks? This is for p3d v4 and fsx se ( w 10 x64)

I'm assuming you're not running sli as those cards wouldn't be compatible. From what I've seen, the difference between 16x and 8x is pretty marginal. If you're getting good performance with your current setup then I wouldn't change anything. Using 2 cards will limit you to 8x as well, on the mainstream chips at least.

Why not just try it. It will only take 5 min to take the power of the 980ti and put your screens on the 1080i

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

1 hour ago, willy647 said:

Why not just try it. It will only take 5 min to take the power of the 980ti and put your screens on the 1080i

I did try it and it seems reasonable but there are just so many endless scenarios I was hoping for advice . It seems to work well at 8 vs 16 and runs a bit cooler as well. Frames are within 10%

thanks 

Pete