Sign in to follow this  
pilot100ll

Saitek Panels don't work

Hello all,

I am very frustrated so please forgive me. I have P3D v4.0 and all Saitek panels.

radios

switch panel

autopilot

yoke

throttle

trim wheel

rudder pedals

and 6 instrument panels

I have them hooked up to a separate external powered 2.0 USB hub with plenty of amps to run each device. A Coolgear Metal 7-Port USB 2.0 Powered Slim Hub. Two of them running off the 3.0 USB hubs on my PC.

I have tried spadnext, downloads from Logitech, actual cd disks, and have been all over the forum to find out how to get these things to work.

Anyone out there able to lend a guy a hand?

Any help is most appreciated.

kind regards,

JP

Hi mate

what is your OS because that makes a big difference.i use win 10 (didn't want to) and had problems setting them up.

by the way you should only need spad next.and shouldn't need any saitek drivers.and i suggest taking them out of the hub and plugging say just the Yoke directly into your PC usb port.try the yoke  and see if it gets recognised..

steve

I am running windows 10 64 bit. I also have no choice in operating system. as for the suggestion, I have tried that. I can get the yol\ke, throttle, trim wheel, and rudder pedals to work perfect. The instrument panels all light up but they display only advertisements for other Saitek equipment. I cannot get anything else wo work when I start up p3d v4.0

i have a switch panel which is ok.i also have to use win 10 with this i7 cpu.only just started to use win 10 and have had all kinds of issues when running prepared 4.1

steve

1 hour ago, pilot100ll said:

as for the suggestion, I have tried that. I can get the yol\ke, throttle, trim wheel, and rudder pedals to work perfect. The instrument panels all light up but they display only advertisements for other Saitek equipment. I cannot get anything else wo work when I start up p3d v4.0

I'm using SPAD neXt in P3Dv4 and Win10 with absolutely no issues with the Radio Panel and multi-panel (autopilot).  Not sure about the instrument panel support. ( I also have the yoke, rudder pedals and 2 throttle quadrants but I control those in FSUIPC.)  I don't recall doing anything special at all to get things working.  Just installed SPAD and fired it up.  You definitely do NOT want to load any Saitek/Logitech drivers when using SPAD (or FSUIPC).  Perhaps that's were things went off track for you?

Oh, just remembered... You also need to be sure to disable ALL USB power saving features in Windows 10 in Device Manager.  If you don't do this, your Saitek gear will behave much as it does when you lack sufficient USB power.

Scott

• Upvote 1

SPAD.neXt works under Win10. I have it working on a networked machine driving all Saitek Controls (Cessna Yoke and friends), all Panels (except BIP), and 9 FIPs using several of Tom Tsui's (FSX Times) gauges. 

Besides Scott's suggestions - which all do apply, -  the first thing you have to do is run (or re-run) the Config Wizard. Next, you have to load a proper profile for your plane. There are quite a number of online profiles for the better-known planes which you can import (under Profiles). Not all profiles are equally good, but you should find a fitting or similar one if the plane isn't really exotic.

The default Saitek gauges are included in SPAD.neXt but you have to assign them to the instruments (of course, as SPAD.neXt can't know the assignment you want).

Besides, SPAD.neXt has an active support forum and a ticket system which you can use in case of issues.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

There are a number of topics on this here on Avsim.  Poke around in the Game Controllers forum here. There are some apps that amend your Windows registry to remove Windows Advanced Power Management from you Saitek devices.  It must be done.  Applies to Windows 7 thru Windows 10.  Windows is likely limiting the power flowing to your devices.  I have profiled this issue here on several occasions.

Google "SaitekUSBfix".

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Follow this link to a discussion here on Avsim.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have saitek switch panel landing gear and so forth ,I gave up on trying to get them to work ,more frustration than it's worth IMO .Didn't believe in paying for another program to work my switches which were supposed to work as is . Whatever I did, always something didn't work correctly .To much frustration ,just map the keys to joystick or memorise default keys .Oh and as for the trim wheel WELL Don't get me started on that .Saitek should come clean and either update their software or tell the truth as to how painful it is to own these boxes of switches .

Get SPAD.NEXT....that`s what you need. Its the perfect solution to all your issues.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I read an old topic about not having a default plane load

in your default flight causing panel issues.

Just a thought.

It could also be just the hardware no longer works.  For the panel that is not working, how old is it?  I was having a heck of a time getting my switch panel to operate thinking it was software/drivers.  In Windows 10 devices the unit was not even recognized (while all my other panels were),  I confirmed this with the Logitech add-on called 'MultiPanel.exe', 'RadioPanel.exe', and 'SwitchPanel.exe'.

You can run these before you start P3D and see if indeed the hardware is recognized and operating.  Discovered my SwitchPanel was fubar but I think I hvave had it for some 8 years so it probably just gave out.

Something to check...  good luck.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

well, I thought I would be able to report some good news, but no, nothing. I tried looking up the Saitekusb suffestion....nothing. I tried to check all poer management....nothing. As for those asking if my units are old....they are brand new right from Saitek. I don't know where to turn now. I have invested thousands in hardware and pretty close to a thousand in add ons and software if not more. I am thoroughly frustrated and have nowhere to turn. Thanks for all your suggestions but alas, nothing worked. 

Regards,

JP

The biggest problems I had were getting rid of all traces of the Saitek software and drivers. 

The next problem I had was finding a USB port that worked. My machine had a mix of 2 / 3 / 3.1 USB ports and different Saitek devices were happy on different standards. My USB 2 ports seemed to get most results so I ended up having to get an extra USB card and then some heavy duty 2.5a hubs. 

After i I did all that, then spad.next picked everything up fine. 

Tony Morel

Wow, frustrating.

You say you tried Spad.neXt. The poster above talks about mix of USB ports, you could try that for sure but I can tell you I have older, Saitek switch panel, trim wheel, yoke, throttles, pro pedals and they are plugged into USB 3.0 ports and within minutes of installing Spad.next I was up and running perfectly.

I did not remove the old Saitek drivers in fact before using SPAD I had upgraded my Saitek drivers.

I have to ask...are you really sure that SPAD did not work for you? You might try talking to them about your issue I'm sure they would help diagnose issues.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3