Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Flying Trees at LOWS!

Hi,

So, any thoughts on what have I may have overlooked or done incorrectly?!

GJBF636.jpg

Thought everything was fine until I saw this!

Scenery: Digital Design's LOWS Salzburg W.A. Mozart P3D4

Scenery positioned at the top of the P3Dv4.1 Scenery Library.

I saw something similar at ORBX's Monument Valley. Corrected by running their FTX Global Vector AEC. Perhaps I should do the same here although this is not their scenery. Does it matter?

EDIT: Thought I would try a manual AEC correction but LOWS doesn't appear to be listed.

Mike

Hmm, This may not be quite as straightforward as I first thought:

Winter
jYZrUno.jpg

Spring
AgGjdi9.jpg

Conflict with another scenery, perhaps?

Mike

one thing that can help when trying to track down a problem like this is simple airport scanner ..it's from the people who make ADE....it will show you all of the sceneries that are loading at that airport so you can hopefully find which one is conflicting..

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/

usually when i see something like this it is one of a few things

1. orbx freeware airport that i didn't know i had (there are packs for NA and Europe that cover quite a few airports nowadays)

2.mytraffic bgl for that airport ... may not apply for you..a lot of these have issues with add-on airports though, since they are designed to fix the parking at the default airports..

3. vector stuff in orbx...even if the AEC tool doesn't show the airport listed as having an official elevation correction, sometimes there are is another .bgl in there that conflicts..this is pretty rare case

good luck!

cheers,-andy crosby

Hi Andy,

Thanks. Plenty food for thought.

However, the Simple Airport Scanner doesn't seem to work with P3Dv4.1

All relevant areas are greyed out and it doesn't allow manual input description of the path to scenery.cfg

Y4owoqP.jpg

Regards,

Mike

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Andy,

Thanks. Plenty food for thought.

However, the Simple Airport Scanner doesn't seem to work with P3Dv4.1

ah, sorry i didn't notice the version. seems that they have a beta version on their support forum that looks to be meant for v4 .. don't know if that includes 4.1 it looks a little older.

check this link

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/simple-airport-scanner-1-70-beta.440300/

cheers,-andy crosby

I had floating taxiway lights after installing Salzburg V4.

Un-reinstall fixed it...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

I had floating taxiway lights after installing Salzburg V4.

Un-reinstall fixed it...

Hi Gerard,

I'll certainly give it a shot - you never know your luck. However, my gut feeling is that what I'm seeing seems more like a conflict with another Scenery. Not only are the trees floating but they are oversized suggesting a viewpoint much closer to the objects than should exist while flying at LOWS.

No one else seeing this?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Andy,

Problem resolved! No reinstallation necessary. The Simple Airport Scanner v.1.70 Beta proved to be very helpful in identifying the source of the conflict.

xPK0qVb.jpg

So, I set about disabling the following files by adding an 'OFF' extension to the filename:

ORBX

FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_scenery\ADE_FTX_GES_LOWS.bgl.OFF

My Traffic Professional

My Traffic Professional\My Traffic\scenery\BR2_LOWS.BGL.OFF

Not sure about this one. I am assuming Digital Design have provided their own traffic. Having said that things seem very quiet (apart from a few service vehicles) at LOWS whether My Traffic Pro is active or not.

AND, for good measure I have taken the opportunity to disable the Black Marble 3D Bridge coverage for this scenery area. Not too keen on the appearance of the BM Bridges in situations such as this and particularly when they conflict with any 3rd Party Bridge provision in custom scenery areas. I determined which files to disable by using the TmfViewer from the SDK to display the content of worldlc.bgl and by matching the top down view in the sim with the same view in Google Earth Pro. Quite straightforward when you know how :wink:.

Black Marble Bridges

Prepar3D v4\CDS\CDSBMV\Scenery

bdx5014.BGL.OFF
bdx5015.BGL.OFF
bdx5114.BGL.OFF
bdx5115.BGL.OFF
bdx5214.BGL.OFF
bdx5215.BGL.OFF

This, of course, does not affect Black Marble Vector nor Night Environment which is absolutely superb!

Many thanks, Andy, for steering me in the right direction. It proved to be an interesting and instructive exercise. ALL is good now!

Regards,

Mike

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Many thanks, Andy, for steering me in the right direction. It proved to be an interesting and instructive exercise. ALL is good now!

cheers, glad you got it sorted out.

6 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi Andy,

Problem resolved! No reinstallation necessary. The Simple Airport Scanner v.1.70 Beta proved to be very helpful in identifying the source of the conflict.

xPK0qVb.jpg

So, I set about disabling the following files by adding an 'OFF' extension to the filename:

ORBX

FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_scenery\ADE_FTX_GES_LOWS.bgl.OFF

My Traffic Professional

My Traffic Professional\My Traffic\scenery\BR2_LOWS.BGL.OFF

Not sure about this one. I am assuming Digital Design have provided their own traffic. Having said that things seem very quiet (apart from a few service vehicles) at LOWS whether My Traffic Pro is active or not.

AND, for good measure I have taken the opportunity to disable the Black Marble 3D Bridge coverage for this scenery area. Not too keen on the appearance of the BM Bridges in situations such as this and particularly when they conflict with any 3rd Party Bridge provision in custom scenery areas. I determined which files to disable by using the TmfViewer from the SDK to display the content of worldlc.bgl and by matching the top down view in the sim with the same view in Google Earth Pro. Quite straightforward when you know how :wink:.

Black Marble Bridges

Prepar3D v4\CDS\CDSBMV\Scenery

bdx5014.BGL.OFF
bdx5015.BGL.OFF
bdx5114.BGL.OFF
bdx5115.BGL.OFF
bdx5214.BGL.OFF
bdx5215.BGL.OFF

This, of course, does not affect Black Marble Vector nor Night Environment which is absolutely superb!

Regards,

Mike

Hi Kime,

Indeed glad that you have sorted it out.

However, I do not have floating trees and I also have BM vector/bridges, FTX Golbal + OpenLC EU. I do have MT , but have only the aircraft installed as I deleted the airport scenery ( Noc's Live Traffic ). And I did not disable BM 3D bridges ( yet ) ..

So , why did you had this issue and I did not  ?

Regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi Gerard,

The culprit turned out to be the component Scenery file of ORBX FTX_EU, namely ADE_FTX_GES_LOWS.bgl. Do you have this file? If you do then I am unable to explain our different experiences at LOWS. Could it be that you haven't installed FTX EU Germany South? Saltzburg is quite near the border so there may be some scenery overlap.

As for the 3D Black Marble Bridges, disabling them for the Digital Design LOWS Scenery is merely a personal preference. In fact I disabled more files than I really needed to at LOWS as I noted serious conflicts at ORBX's FTX LOWI where, in some places, the BM bridges were stacked on top of the ORBX bridges - and I'm not referring to flyovers. I have Iain Gallagher's excellent 'Scotflight for ORBX' installed and saw similar problems there, so made the decision to disable the 3D Black Marble Bridge coverage for the whole of Scotland, just as I have done now for most of Austria.

Regards,

Mike

I also have all ORBX stuff installed and LOWS - and have no issues. Simply installed and it works.

once again all the developer had to do was add it in their release notes. anything in the documentation ?  I bet not.  

14ppkc-6.png

I've discovered something else at my end:

1kIpJLM.jpg

Not sure this finding is relevant as you can see the only Regions to have migrated correctly are in fact FTX Global and FTX Global openLC Europe.

Now this is a mystery because I had something similar, although not quite as extensive, a couple of weeks ago which forced a reinstall of 6 affected Regions to resolve this issue. As far as I am aware I have done nothing since then to cause a repeat. Such a pain as I'm having to reinstall 16 Regions this time!! A forced re-migration of my unified lclookup from within FTX Central 3 had no positive effect. Same story this time - hence the need to reinstall.

Regards,

Mike