Sign in to follow this  
Morishita

P3Dv4 Aircraft Texture / Resolution Loss

I upgraded my rig to P3Dv4 over the weekend and installed several updated add-ons, including a couple of Carenado aircraft.  After setup, I noticed the interior of the planes look bitmapped compared to my P3Dv2 installation, and after looking at some exterior shots too, it seems to be across the board. There is some of it in v2 when looking at the outside of the aircraft, but it is more pronounced in v4. I'm running a 4790k with a Nvidia branded FE 1080 Ti and expected a better experience. Am I being too critical?

• - P3Dv4
  • - UTX v2.x
  • - UT2
  • - AS for P3Dv4
  • - FSUIPC5
  • - Carenado TBM850 / C182T

Sample pics attached, Any ideas on where I should look first?

P3Dv2:

YRnafmg.jpg

P3Dv4:

XUSOIos.jpg

P3Dv2:

xiqFc1y.jpg

P3Dv4:

uE6JxgK.jpg

Check options/display/texture resolution.  I set mine at med, but keeps going to low next time I fly.

8 hours ago, Morishita said:

Thanks for the response. I've already got the Texture Resolution set to Ultra 4096x4096. 

It can be a different setting, why you don't post pictures of your PD4 Settings so we can inspect them? this way we can come with other ideas of what the problem might be.

Regards,
Simbol

Try disabling mimap vc panels, that can increase details inside the planes for some systems and some planes.

I will let others to advise on anti aliasing settings.

Simbol 

Looks like video artifacts to me...have you upgraded your Nvidia driver lately?

Yep. This card is just a week old and I downloaded the latest drivers directly from NVidia when I installed it.

Another thing I've noticed, I'm only seeing the degraded images when I'm flying at night and not during the day. 

1 minute ago, Morishita said:

Yep. This card is just a week old and I downloaded the latest drivers directly from NVidia when I installed it.

Another thing I've noticed, I'm only seeing the degraded images when I'm flying at night and not during the day. 

Interesting, that card should run anything but just in case can you monitor the GPU load during night flying? just check you are not hitting limits on memory or video CPU load.

I noticed you have "use high resolution terrain textures" and this increases GPU memory consumption by a fair amount, the benefits is not that much so perhaps you could disable it.

Simbol 

I'm driving three Dell S2716DG (2560x1440 @ 144hz) monitors with the single FE 1080 Ti. I agree, it should be no issue for this card. I do have a reasonable clock applied, but nothing excessive.

I've noticed something really odd, or at least is seems odd to me.  When I have a night scenario loaded, by card goes under a heavy load, the frequency jumps and I can hear the fan kick on. When this happens, I'm doing nothing but looking at the interior pillar in a static position and nothing else. If I change the Time / Season to "day" and come back to the same position the load on the card drops like a rock.

Scratching my head for sure now.

7B4IIMc.jpg

Lt4OCgX.jpg

42 minutes ago, Morishita said:

I'm driving three Dell S2716DG (2560x1440 @ 144hz) monitors with the single FE 1080 Ti. I agree, it should be no issue for this card. I do have a reasonable clock applied, but nothing excessive.

I've noticed something really odd, or at least is seems odd to me.  When I have a night scenario loaded, by card goes under a heavy load, the frequency jumps and I can hear the fan kick on. When this happens, I'm doing nothing but looking at the interior pillar in a static position and nothing else. If I change the Time / Season to "day" and come back to the same position the load on the card drops like a rock.

Scratching my head for sure now.

7B4IIMc.jpg

Lt4OCgX.jpg

Ok that shows clock and temp, we need the load of memory and GPU processor.

You might be hitting them to the limit.

Simbol 

The processor load is more than doubling when the scenario is set to "night" vs "day".  The memory consumption is the same on both.

No sure what to try next...

SC4MQlu.jpg

ZtB1c0e.jpg

Here is the same comparison with P3Dv2.x

k3K6PwW.jpg

6UfLxW7.jpg