Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Flightbeam KIADv2 <released>

17 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Mir is certainly very talented at getting the best visuals and complexity and performance out of his work, KSFO, KDEN, now KIAD all have extensive use of dynamic lights, very FPS friendly, looks stunning, and he's relatively local to my residence.

But, there are lots of talented scenery/airport devs across platforms like MisterX6 KABQ. 

All good.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes.

I am impressed with how fast X-Plane developers can turn around product that are impressive.

Why does it take many months to years for FSX and LM P3d developers?

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Can anyone test the FSL A320 at the updated KIAD at night to see if your spotlights work?  It's strange, none of the spotlights work (overhead, panel, landing, taxi lights) if I load up at KIAD but they are fine moving to any other airport....:huh:

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Wow, KIAD v2 is indeed gorgeous.
Dynamic lighting is fabulous with much less impact on fps than other heavy airports, for a level of detail and perfection never reached before.

Congrats and thanks to the FB team!

I thought I read that DL was pulled from the update at the last minute due to an issue.

- Aaron

Same here with the Bus Eric ;-)

No Aaron, DL is working like a charm.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

45 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Can anyone test the FSL A320 at the updated KIAD at night to see if your spotlights work?  It's strange, none of the spotlights work (overhead, panel, landing, taxi lights) if I load up at KIAD but they are fine moving to any other airport....:huh:

Spotlights working here as well at KIAD v2 at night. Eric, please check in at the support forums at FSL (https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/forum/35-fsl-spotlights/ ); they may be able to help.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, slait said:

I thought I read that DL was pulled from the update at the last minute due to an issue.

Yearh, me too... that's what it says on the email and forum post...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I ran the FB Manager after installing KIAD and noticed there was already an update for it.  Be sure to check the Manager for updates.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have just installed it and have updated it to 2.01. But there's no mentioning of Dynamic Lighting in the FlightBeam Manager... So I don't think it's implemented - yet... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I see there's a post on the FB forums about the taxi and landing lights not working for the PMDG products. Also seems to be the case for the TFDi 717, as well as the default aircraft, although the Q400 and A320 lights work just fine. Anyone else seeing this?

I suppose this might be related to the dynamic lighting issue Mir mentioned.

Hey guys - I did some more testing with the FSL A320....it appears having the 'Floodlight lamp glows' enabled in the FB manager for KIAD causes FSL Spotlights to not work.  After disabling them everything works normally. For those having issues with your landing lights on other aircraft maybe try disabling them in the FB manager.

Update: I tested the PMDG and in fact the landing lights do not work with this option enabled.  Disabling it will resolve the issue.

• Upvote 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Eric,

Nice find, thanks for that. That fixed the issues I was having with lights not showing up.

6 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Update: I tested the PMDG and in fact the landing lights do not work with this option enabled.  Disabling it will resolve the issue.

Ditto...., thanks for finding this.

Dan Downs KCRP

How does this airport play with the P3dv4 replay?  I get gullies and cliffs and low res or no textures with FSDT airports which makes these useless for me as I like to watch replays of my landings.

Bill Barrette

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

18 hours ago, beachdog2001 said:

How does this airport play with the P3dv4 replay?  I get gullies and cliffs and low res or no textures with FSDT airports which makes these useless for me as I like to watch replays of my landings.

Bill Barrette

This is not a FSDT airport.  The only connection is they used to use FSDT Couatl and Addon Manager...., no more.  This is pure Flightbeam magic.

I can't answer to the replay issue..... all my flying is in the cockpit.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 hours ago, beachdog2001 said:

Bill Barrette

That sounds like a duplicate afcad problem. Do you have MyTraffic? Or FTX Vector?