Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

A more user-friendly version of fseconomy (or something new) for FSW?

Mission packs are fine, but ultimately you need endless possibilities and a purpose for flying. I really like fseconomy, although its interface is not great and probably complex for new Steam users. I wonder if fseconomy allows others like DTG to implement a better interface. Or maybe FSW could implement its own as DLC. The keys are you accumulate money and buy new planes. I think this can keep users hooked.

Just an idea.

Given that Just Flight are a development partner for FSW, and they are the publishers of Air Hauler, it's my guess that Slopey (the Air Hauler dev) is already on it, and one assumes that since FSW has much of the structure of FSX and P3D, it probably won't take that much to have it work with FSW.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On each Airport was a "jobboard".

A selection of random Airports where you had to fly random cargo or passengers to. Even some 100$ Hamburger taxi flights, different weights and distances to travel. The passengers abd the livestock cargo also made some noises :)

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Heimi said:

On each Airport was a "jobboard".

A selection of random Airports where you had to fly random cargo or passengers to. Even some 100$ Hamburger taxi flights, different weights and distances to travel. The passengers abd the livestock cargo also made some noises :)

Flight looks impressive. What happened? :( I wonder if DTG got the code like they did to FSX. 

A bit OT, but in a nutshell, MSFlight was techology wise ahead of all Flight Sims, but lacking content and a bad DLC politic with cokpitless planes and a bit too "gamey" look for the hardcore simmers. MS received a sheatstorm and pulled the plug.

AFAIK DTG has only FSX code, not the advanced from MS Flight. Otherwise they already had the features ready that they are coding now. ( volumetric clouds, checklists etc...)

AIUI DTG have both the FSX & Flight code. Because they were already familiar with the FSX code from modifying it for FSX-SE they then went with the FSX code when developing FSW.

When the advantages of the Flight code were pointed out to DTG it appears DTG decided they were so far down the road using the FSX code that switching to using the Flight code would cause an unacceptable delay as well as causing a large amount of wasted work.

• Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

It occurred to me a couple days ago that one of the reasons I like ATS (American Truck Sim) is that it shares something in common with what may be my all time favorite game -- Test Drive Unlimited (1 or 2 - but I preferred the first one)..all of these start you out with a simple vehicle and a small place to park them and then gameplay has you doing things to get money to buy more and better vehicles and with that you also must buy more and better places to put the new vehicles. In the case of TDU you had to get better vehicles.

It would be cool to have to run jobs for someone else to get enough money to buy your own plane and pay for hangar rental and then work more and get enough money to start buying your own airports.  I think everyone would have to be able to own any airport they could afford so it wouldn't be like "Ohare is already owned by Joe suchNsuch".

and just like ATS or TDU you can always just take your plane anywhere you want without doing any job...you just have to pay for fuel (and maintenance and other stuff too maybe)

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Well said sightseer - coincidentally I'm just replaying TDU myself! Great gameplay AND scenery details for the era...