Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Tutorial: Flight from Sydney to Vancouver

Captain Kevin, you are a very sharp observer!

The jump in the stop-short lights prior to runway entry is because it is the join between two clips. Each of the clips usually required many, many retakes, and after trying to record the same sequence perhaps 10 or 12 times, I probably got the attitude that the latest take was 'as good as it gets'.

I surprised myself during recording how many variables I was having to juggle with - clip length, space for the eventual insertion of both audio and comment clips, procedural accuracy, matching the end of a clip with the beginning of the next, forgetting to repeat in subsequent clips what I had done in previous ones, etc, etc.

My admiration for professional directors and editors in their work to create a believable continuum has increased tremendously! I do not feel like volunteering to make another video soon.

Any additional comments to help others are most welcome.

Have a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas,

Kind regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

11 hours ago, dmwalker said:

In Part 3 at 13:45, why does the Autopilot Disconnect warning appear on the EICAS when you start to taxi on to the runway?

Hi Dugald,

A mistake that I only realised too late. As Kevin has pointed out, I had accidentally pressed the disconnect button but didn't have the energy to repeat the whole clip yet again.

Good spotting,

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

12 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Captain Kevin, you are a very sharp observer!

All it took was reading the question, knowing what the airplane was supposed to do, looking at the video, seeing that the airplane didn't appear to do what it was supposed to do, and then find out why the airplane didn't appear to do what it was supposed to do. Not much to it, really. I tend to do some investigative....investigating....when I see questions like that.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I know this is an old thread, but when accessing the tutorial videos, I get a "video unavailable" message.  Are these available somewhere else?  Or could they be reposted?

Jeff