Sign in to follow this  
Cody Remer

Need Advice regarding upcoming trip from KSFO to PGUM

Greetings Unto all:

I am in the process of attempting to get an achievement from my virtual airline company vUAL. I must fly to all of United Airline's hubs with no other flights in between to get this achievement. I recently was notified from my Hub manager that because I fly the PMDG 737-800 and PMDG 737-900 as my equipment, that due to the fact that this bird cannot go direct from KSFO to PGUM without fueling in between that I could divert en-route for fuel.

Here is my conundrum.

I am planning on flying the PMDG 737-900 (with ETOPS) from KSFO to HNL(Honolulu). In HNL I am going to refuel, and depart. Non-stop from HNL to PGUM is not an option. Here is where I need assistance.

What airports can I make it to along the way from HNL to PGUM should I need to refuel? Here is a breakdown of the trip I have coming up:

KSFO ---> HNL

HNL ---> ???

??? ---> PGUM

PGUM ---> RJAA

RJAA ---> PGUM

PGUM ---> ???

??? ---> HNL

HNL ---> KSFO

maybe look at PWAK... wake island military base..  

from PHNL to PWAK is only 2000nm and is doable with ETOPS 180 with PMDY as an adequate airport.

using PMDY might be an option also, it's around 2200 from there to PGUM tho so maybe getting close to the limit.

i guess it depends how strict they are about ETOPS and alternate fuel rules etc. the legs are only 1000nm or so if you do PMDY->PWAK->PGUM so that leaves plenty of room for diversion fuel etc although those airports are already generally the diversion airports :)

good luck!

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys. I will follow this advice. As far as the strictness, I think they are considerate based off why you explain it is you do what you do. They try to keep it as realistic as possible, which is why my Hub Manager knows refueling is needed.