Sign in to follow this  
mikeglaz

PMDG 777 Cold and Dark ATC

I'm at KORD.  For a regular startup the ATC works.  However, if I start from Cold and Dark the ATC doesn't work. I turned SERV INTPH on and set the radio to 121.625...

Hi,

Just to clear a doubt, do you turn the mic and the receiver on on the ACP for the VHF1?

From cold and dark, all the switches of the ACP are off by default.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

8 minutes ago, mikeglaz said:

I'm at KORD.  For a regular startup the ATC works.  However, if I start from Cold and Dark the ATC doesn't work. I turned SERV INTPH on and set the radio to 121.625...

Mike,

Make sure to read the Intro Manual. The top of Page 51 will be of interest to you, I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

ok thanks, I figured it out.  More specifically, I need to click the 'Mic' button to the left of the clock.  Then, in the second panel, I need to select the button labelled "L VHF". (I'm guessing this is VHF 1?)

Yes.

5 hours ago, mikeglaz said:

(I'm guessing this is VHF 1?)

Yes you are right. There is no "VHF 1" on the 747. If I recall well the default ATC uses the captain's VHF (VHF left).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

My question maybe out of date but, I am surching the forum for how to start the 777 in cold and dark, How you do that, Thanks a million 

32 minutes ago, Darkruriko said:

My question maybe out of date but, I am surching the forum for how to start the 777 in cold and dark, How you do that, Thanks a million 

Welcome to the forum, please note PMDG rules ask that we include our full names on all posts.  It helps with civility.

The best place to look for 777 procedures is in the FCOM.  There is an entire section on Normal Procedures, and using those lists you can start up cold and dark or from any other normal configuration. The only thing unique to PMDG is that when the aircraft is dark you can still use the menu on the CDU by pressing and holding the MENU key.  This is in the Introduction document, which is where you should start.  After the Introduction, you should then fly the Tutorial...., sorry, but these steps are all but mandatory and most others here in the forum expect you to do at least that much work.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, Darkruriko said:

My question maybe out of date but, I am surching the forum for how to start the 777 in cold and dark, How you do that

Starting at the bottom of page 99 of Tutorial 1 the 777 is shut down to a cold and dark state and then on page 111 Cold and Dark Start Procedures are described.

I have posted not many minutes ago a question regarding the same subject, but a different point of view. Of course I am able to make the aircraft enter a Cold & Dark state and then start the operations from that point. But what I am looking for is to load the aircraft to the simulator in that state. I get that situation with other aircraft, such as the Aerosoft Airbus or the Wilco Embraer 170/190.

Regards,

Domingos Nunes

44 minutes ago, dnunes said:

I have posted not many minutes ago a question regarding the same subject, but a different point of view. Of course I am able to make the aircraft enter a Cold & Dark state and then start the operations from that point. But what I am looking for is to load the aircraft to the simulator in that state. I get that situation with other aircraft, such as the Aerosoft Airbus or the Wilco Embraer 170/190.

Regards,

Domingos Nunes

Please do not "revive" old threads, and post the same questions on multiple ones. I have answered in the other one.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com