Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Mjc Dash 8 in P3dv4

Hello fellow MCE Captains. 

Those of you who fly the Mjc Dash 8 with MCE and specifically those who have "upgraded" to P3dv4. Could you confirm that you have the same functionality as you did with the Mjc in P3dv3?

I ask because after a trying weekend of installing software into V4, I have lost quite a few functions that I previously had with the sim.

To name a few.

FO no longer energises the starter after the start engine command. He/she states that it's done, but it's not!

No dialling of Nav radio frequencies. The FMC is not used as before and the Radio Panel has to be tuned manually. Same with ADF and Squawk. 

FO does not dial Navigation tracks anymore. (Either side) Although the Heading can be dialled and set to current value.

Possibly a few more?

This and the loss of our ability to steer the nose wheel by ailerons, as before and a reduction in the elevator effectiveness, has taken another edge off my "upgrade" to v4.

The only aircraft that is even better (it was great before), is the CRJ. The new version in P3dv4 rocks!!

One small light in a dark tunnel!

Regards to all.

PS big thanks to MCE support, who assisted me with getting MCE running over the weekend after a sabotage attempt by my anti virus. :ohmy:

Hi David.

Just to confirm I'm using v4.1 with the Dash and find MCE is working fine with all the functions that were available in v3.4.

The only outstanding issue is the interaction with flat buttons, which I believe this is also a issue with FSL a320.

But MCE working 95% with Dash, well for me anyway.

Have you set your nose wheel steering in the control panel? I would start by checking that is set correctly. 

Rob

Not sure what you mean about no nose steering with ailerons. Works fine for me.

43 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

Not sure what you mean about no nose steering with ailerons. Works fine for me.

Setting nose wheel  steering to ailerons in the Mjc control panel does not move the nose wheel steering tiller, in my P3dv4 install. It does work in my P3dv3 install. I can move the tiller with the mouse, but not the ailerons in V4.

All the MCE functions (apart from overhead flat switches) work in P3dv3. None work in P3dv4 installation of the 64 bit Mjc Dash 8.

I have no idea what's going on here?

I am open to any ideas?

It's like MCE is looking at my P3dv4 Mjc Dash 8 install and can't work out what's what? Whilst in the v3 install it works as previously.

The other aircraft I have in P3dv4 all work ok with MCE. The CRJ is magnificent. 

Cheers. 

I have the same problem !!

No flow for Mjc Dash 8 is working anymore !

Maybe its a problem witch the new Dash-patch ?

My system: p3d 4.1 - Dash (MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64)

greetings 

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

I have the same problem !!

No flow for Mjc Dash 8 is working anymore !

Maybe its a problem witch the new Dash-patch ?

My system: p3d 4.1 - Dash (MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64)

greetings 

Gerolamo

Thanks for the heads up.

Didn't know about the patch.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder and report "mcmjq400.dll" file size and version.

When file is missing, MCE would fall back to using "mcgenric.dll" which is intended for default aircraft and unsupported ones. Very few things will work.

mcmjq400.dll size 101.2k, version 1.0.3.6

is that what you want to know ?

kind regards, ggerolamo

But it works with p3d v4 !!??

Maybe a hint: the only thin I changed was to uninstall p3d v3.5 !

Is it necessary to reinstall v3.5 ?

kind regards, ggerolamo

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

But it works with p3d v4 !!??

Maybe a hint: the only thin I changed was to uninstall p3d v3.5 !

Is it necessary to reinstall v3.5 ?

No need to have P3D V3.5 installed.

I am assuming you didn't use a workaround to make your P3D V4 look like P3D V3 to other add-ons. In that case the installer would mistakenly put the 32 Bit dlls

Not sure whether the dll you have in <MCE dlls> folder is a 32 bit or 64 bit dll.

Download this patch and manually replace files as per folder structure.

Make sure you put the 64 Bit "mcmjq400.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

No need to have P3D V3.5 installed.

I am assuming you didn't use a workaround to make your P3D V4 look like P3D V3 to other add-ons. In that case the installer would mistakenly put the 32 Bit dlls

Not sure whether the dll you have in <MCE dlls> folder is a 32 bit or 64 bit dll.

Download this patch and manually replace files as per folder structure.

Make sure you put the 64 Bit "mcmjq400.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder

Hello Gerald, 

I just downloaded and installed MCE 2.7.40 from your website.  I also have the Majestic D8 which I was about to apply the latest patch to.

I noticed the dlls and executable in the MCE patch files above refer to a version 2.7.42 so I assume these are the latest. 

Am I understanding this thread correctly? if you apply the latest majestic fixes then you need to update MCE using the files above? or is this only for 32/64 bit side by side installs?

I was planning on dedicating some time to the Dash8 this week and would like to avoid issues if possible. I only have P3D v4.1 installed. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

I did not have mcmjq400.dll in my P3dv4 MCE dll folder! So no wonder nothing works. The latest download also does not have this 64 bit dll. I have sent an email mail to support.

The 2d dialling via mouse works, however we require the 2d FMC window open at coords 0,0.

Just get that window open and it's function is the same as P3dv3.

Cheers!

Jose, apply the patch with the files in the correct folders and the Mjc should be ok.

• Upvote 1

Fantastic, thanks David. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

THANKS a lot !

My beloved DASH works now :-)

kind regards, ggerolamo