Sign in to follow this  
charlie130

Mjc Dash 8 in P3dv4

Sorry, but this doesn't work for me even after installing the above patch.  Still a lot of items in the flow do not work. I am using P3D v 4.1 with the latest Majestic patch.

EDIT: Never mind, the patch did not install properly.  I'll try again.

Hi,

I have the last MCE patched version, P3Dv4.1, MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64, W7U64

During the MJC 400 Flows, a number of functions do not work :

Apu start or shutdown, Bleed on or Off

Hydraulic Standby Pump Off and On/Hydraulic Ptu On or Off

Check fire or smoke detection

Bleed mode set to minimum or normal

Start Engine one or two, the Fo does not push the start button

Arm or disarm autofeather

Left or right AUX Fuel Pump On or Off

Anti Skid On or Off

Engage Control locks (not sure about this last)

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Still does not work for me as well.  Pretty much the entire after start flow is non functional, as well as many other commands.  P3D v 4.1, MJC 1.020a. MCE patched per the above post.

19 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

I have the last MCE patched version, P3Dv4.1, MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64, W7U64

During the MJC 400 Flows, a number of functions do not work :

Apu start or shutdown, Bleed on or Off

Hydraulic Standby Pump Off and On/Hydraulic Ptu On or Off

Check fire or smoke detection

Bleed mode set to minimum or normal

Start Engine one or two, the Fo does not push the start button

Arm or disarm autofeather

Left or right AUX Fuel Pump On or Off

Anti Skid On or Off

Engage Control locks (not sure about this last)

Thank you and Regards,

Hello again Richard.

All the above, apart from anti skid,  are flat push button switches. These have been and are still a problem for MCE. Its something to do with the way P3d draws the things!

What I did was introduce some "notify" lines in the flows at the appropriate time in the flow. Like after take off/climb flow gets the fuel aux boost pumps off, the auto feather off and the hydraulic ptu/augmentation pumps off. It's easy to click em as the FO reminds me!

At one stage last year, I went a bit bonkers (more than I am now!) and did a set of mouse macros using Voice Attack. Definitely not recommended to use two voice programs together, but it worked for a time. With mouse macros you have to keep the screen still or the mouse will go beserk and click stuff it shouldn't.

Ben has a macro working the FMC Radio tune, but that's in a 2d flat panel so it's different. Those 3d flat switches are all over the 3d flight deck, so very hard to macro. 

Sure eventually the MCE wizzards will come up with the answer. For now I use notify.

Best regards

David

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

Hello again Richard.

All the above, apart from anti skid,  are flat push button switches. These have been and are still a problem for MCE. Its something to do with the way P3d draws the things!

What I did was introduce some "notify" lines in the flows at the appropriate time in the flow. Like after take off/climb flow gets the fuel aux boost pumps off, the auto feather off and the hydraulic ptu/augmentation pumps off. It's easy to click em as the FO reminds me!

At one stage last year, I went a bit bonkers (more than I am now!) and did a set of mouse macros using Voice Attack. Definitely not recommended to use two voice programs together, but it worked for a time. With mouse macros you have to keep the screen still or the mouse will go beserk and click stuff it shouldn't.

Ben has a macro working the FMC Radio tune, but that's in a 2d flat panel so it's different. Those 3d flat switches are all over the 3d flight deck, so very hard to macro. 

Sure eventually the MCE wizzards will come up with the answer. For now I use notify.

Best regards

David

Hello David,

Thank you for the explanations...Understood...:gaul:

You said "All the above, apart from anti skid....." and I might add Bleed mode set to minimum or normal. Maybe these two functions could be corrected (not flat push button switches). Btw there is the same problem with the FsLab A320 flat push button. Hoping for a solution to be found one day by the great MCE Wizzards :biggrin:

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

10 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hello David,

Thank you for the explanations...Understood...:gaul:

You said "All the above, apart from anti skid....." and I might add Bleed mode set to minimum or normal. Maybe these two functions could be corrected (not flat push button switches). Btw there is the same problem with the FsLab A320 flat push button. Hoping for a solution to be found one day by the great MCE Wizzards :biggrin:

Regards,

Roger that re the bleed mode. That's a rotary on the overhead, is it not?

It's a tricky simulation to integrate into MCE, I surmise? We know the flight model runs outside the ESP sim engine and LM have changed all the window layers apparently. It's up to our MCE code wizzards to get back to us in that.

Bearing in mind that these guys don't even need an SDK to integrate an aircraft, so whatever they do is pretty amazing. I suppose it also doesn't make things easier when LM bring out a 64 bit sim and the sim makers then re code their aircraft! Then there is a Cascade effect with add on devs scrabbling to accommodate the changes!

I don't have the FSL Bus. But that sounds like it's the same as the Mjc Dash8.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Olmba said:

Hi,

I also have the problems with the functions mention above. As for now MCE is more and less useless for the Dash.

Will there be a patch for this ?

It's fully supported in FSX.

In P3D V4, there are currently 2 aircraft that are partially supported, DASH Q400 and FSL A320.

It's something to do with the way they are interfaced, using simulated clicks in VC for some buttons.

The in-house developed technique is no longer working in P3D V4. We are of course working on devising a solution for that. Just can't tell when there will be a breakthrough.

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

It's fully supported in FSX.

In P3D V4, there are currently 2 aircraft that are partially supported, DASH Q400 and FSL A320.

It's something to do with the way they are interfaced, using simulated clicks in VC for some buttons.

The in-house developed technique is no longer working in P3D V4. We are of course working on devising a solution for that. Just can't tell when there will be a breakthrough.

Thank you Gerald,

:-)