Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

Techno Brain Fs Add-on Collection Tokyo International Airport 2

Hello to all! I purchased from Japan the RJTT Airport scenery that came with Techno Brain Fs Add-on Collection Tokyo International Airport 2. Does anyone else have it installed in FSX?. I would like to share my experience and find solutions with runway 23. 

Patricio Valdes

The PMDG is landing on RJTT rwy23 offset to the right side and ITD 232 instead of 230.

I found the issue source of the runway 23 landing problem. It comes from the file RJTT2_ADEX_TB.bgl of the the FSX addon FSAC_RJTT2_FSX directory folder installed by TechnoBrain. It seems that ADE file needs corrections with heading or something just related with rwy23. I asked Technobrain support and responded: This RWY23 ILS localizer course has intentionally offset ILS (2degrees). This is because of the noise problem of the city. So can you try to disengage autopilot before ITD1.1nm then flight manually.

I used ADE program to compile and is when I found the "arrow" outside of the runway. Also, I corrected the heading 232 to 230 but no success as expected. For right now, the A/C lands centered on runway but from some reason near 100 ft descending, it drops quickly to ground a few feet before the begining of the runway.

Does someone experiencing this? Can be explained what is the noise problem of the city? (LOL)

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Does someone experiencing this? Can be explained what is the noise problem of the city? (LOL)

The offset localizer is used to prevent overflying possible obstacles or in the case Technobrain gave, noise issues from airliners flying over houses/residential areas where noise is a concern. Offset localizers are not that uncommon and are often a bugaboo for summers who don’t have any real life aviation experience and think that it’s a bug in the scenery or sim, as you did. 

A common offset localizer is ILS 22R at KJFK that simmers often post here thinking it’s a scenery bug. So if you ever get that approach in FSX don’t panic and be prepared to fly the last part of the landing manually to line up with the runway when it’s visible.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I modified the ADE guessing nothing interfering on the route, just water around so the ILS should localize accordingly? I looked the runway 23 with ADE 170 and I moved the Arrow from the runway side to the end centered on the rwy23. I found all other runways has such arrow centered at the end of runway and just only rwy23 had such arrow offset.

The A/C landed centered on runway but from some reason near 100 ft descending, it drops quickly to ground a few feet before the beginning of the runway. This behavior occurs after edited the ADE file by changing original heading 224.5 to heading 222.5 which is the right info. Before, from MCP showed ITD232 and now ITD230 which is the correct HDG

8 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

A common offset localizer is ILS 22R at KJFK

Thank you for that advice I didn't know about.  Now I wonder why the A/C drops quickly on ground instead of a smooth descend.

Patricio Valdes

I learned today from TechnoBrain Support sent me another reply:

This RWY23 ILS localizer course of real RJTT in Japan has intentionally offsetILS (2degrees).

The real Haneda airport is actually setting this up(offsetILS2degrees).

The real pilot also disengaged autopilot before ITD1.1nm(minimum about 390feet). Then landing by him self(not use autopilot).

In the same way, our product based on real.

So we do not to think it is problem to us.

Only I can say is that, as you say to land centered of RWY23ILS is not real operation on RJTT RWY23.

Patricio Valdes

Now, I have a question I am confused and waiting some soul can help me out (lol). I am confused because PMDG 747 v2 FMC NAV says 230 and MFD says ITD 232. And the other PMDG 747 V3 shows different, FMC NAV 232 and MFD ITD 232 as well. Why that differences from 747 v2 and 747 v3? 

Patricio Valdes