Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Bar Harbor KBHB

Hello all:

I would like to purchase the beautiful Bar Harbor scenery. I run FSX, UTX, GEX, and FTX freeware airports. Can someone please tell me whether the KBHB will be compatible with my setup?

Thank you

Rick

You did not list Orbx Global in your list, I guess because you use GEX.  KBHB is  Orbx Global Airport and requires Global to be installed.  If you manage to get the FTX Freewares to work, KBHB may be fine, but you may see artifacts.  KBHB uses photoreal images so I suppose it will be fine, but do it at your own risk.  I would wait until Orbx has a sale to try, at least it will be cheaper to experiment.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Rick,

I use it with UTX in P3D - so it should be fine - I believe there is a mod you need to do - posted on ORBX forum... The colors I’m sure are made to blend with FTX Global - so with GEX you might have a bit of a color mismatch at the border... That said it’s a massive scenery, amazingly beautiful, and one of my favorites...  

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Rick,

I use it with UTX in P3D - so it should be fine - I believe there is a mod you need to do - posted on ORBX forum... The colors I’m sure are made to blend with FTX Global - so with GEX you might have a bit of a color mismatch at the border... That said it’s a massive scenery, amazingly beautiful, and one of my favorites...  

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott and Vu Pham. I took the leap and bought KBHB. It installed with FX Central but it did not update Scenery.cfg so I did that manually. It looks great and yes there is a slight difference in the textures at the boundaries, and a couple of artifacts. But the airport is so nice and good frames !! The scenery includes the entire Mt. Desert Island. Really nice.

Thanks again

Rick

Hi Rick,

if you see big square tiles misplaced in the water - that’s the UTX thing and there is a fix for it - I bought it when it first came out so I had to manually implement the fix - maybe they included it by now ? 

Have a “Lobstah” for me...

3 minutes ago, silverheels2 said:

Thanks Scott and Vu Pham. I took the leap and bought KBHB. It installed with FX Central but it did not update Scenery.cfg so I did that manually. It looks great and yes there is a slight difference in the textures at the boundaries, and a couple of artifacts. But the airport is so nice and good frames !! The scenery includes the entire Mt. Desert Island. Really nice.

Thanks again

Rick

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7