Sign in to follow this  
Scottish Wings

How To Stop X-Plane ATIS

Hello folks, is there a way to stop hearing the X-Plane ATIS and only use the P2ATC ATIS?  I can switch on the P2ATC, however I end up with 2 voices overlapping. I would really like to use the P2ATC systems as then I can change the voice.

Even when I change the frequency of my aircraft radio it is still there..

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Turn down the Radios slider in X-Plane sound menu. Also disable the "Enable verbal ATC messages" and "Enable text ATC messages" so you don't hear the default ATC messages or see them on screen.

• Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

28 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Turn down the Radios slider in X-Plane sound menu. Also disable the "Enable verbal ATC messages" and "Enable text ATC messages" so you don't hear the default ATC messages or see them on screen.

Thank you!

Yes  THANK YOU.  This has been very annoying with double voices.

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2017 at 6:02 AM, Alvega said:

Just something to consider that I came across when I did this - if you turn the Radio slider all the way down, it also silences the BetterPushBack radio instructions from the tug operator.  These instructions are useful/nearly essential, as they tell you when to engage and disengage the parking brake to get the tug to connect and disconnect.

On 11/23/2017 at 1:41 PM, Stuart McGregor said:

Hello folks, is there a way to stop hearing the X-Plane ATIS and only use the P2ATC ATIS?

Maybe this is a solution for you.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/51283-x-plane-atis-switch-win_64-mac_64-lin_64/

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

I just drop this line of code into any of my favorite lua scripts and it is always off if run.  See no reason to be able to enable or disable as I never use X Plane ATC or ATIS.  I found other sounds where missing as well with the no volume approach.   Not really understanding what a switch to disable ATIS like ATC text or voice.

--turn off x plane atis always
set( "sim/atc/atis_enabled", 0)