Sign in to follow this  
doc289456

No sounds from audio test or pilots.

I purchased FS2Crew for the q400 (p3d4) yesterday and installed and opened the main panel. I pressed a few buttons. I heard the  pilots speaking. I heard the audio test ok. I didn’t have time to do any more yesterday and had no idea what to do.

Today I opened the main panel again after reading the PDF manual to understand how to use this software. And began setting up as described and follow tutorial.

But now I don’t hear the pilots voices anymore.

Audio test produces no sound. 

No briefing audio or pa audio

I hear the crew rustling around the cockpit. I hear the lady asking people to take off their coats. 

I have correct device selected in cfg option (in fact I tried all that were listed)

i have tried with and without HS on. Although not using headset anyway. 

I checked that I have correct device selected in w10 control panel. And I tried stereo and 5.1 (Even though yesterday I heard sounds while set to 5.1)

i uninstalled FS2Crew and reinstalled. 

Volume is up in captains audio panel and indicating green  

I hear all other P3d sounds. I hear all windows sounds. 

Yesterday I began setting up speech recognition  but gave up as windows wasn’t recognising me. (I suspect my microphone is no good.)

So today I really wanted to give FS2Crew a try in button mode.  But Just ended up spending 3 hours trying to troubleshoot this software. Very frustrating. Or is there meant to be no sounds in button mode? 

so still not working.

I reinstalled with a reboot

The only change that I made between when I heard sounds and didn't was: I set C to open close FS2crew, M as main button, F as secondary

Could this keyboard combination be the cause?

I have also noticed that the rustling around the cockpit and the lady who wants everyone's coat is coming only from right speaker. Is that normal?  

OK just to update here just in case others run into the same issue

after support suggestion by Bryan York to try his key assignments

N = Toggle Panel

C = Main Button

V = Secondary button.

I now hear sounds as I should

Maybe using C to toggle panel is not a good idea

Hi,

I had the same issue, but in my case it was that I had choosen the Majestic q400 as default aircraft when I started P3D v4 in stead of the F22 Raptor. When I used the MJ aircraft and did not change the livery, everything was fine, but if i did a livery change of the MJ, I lost the audiotest and could not hear anything from PF or anyone from the crew.

After going back to the original F22 Raptor as a default startup aircraft in P3D menue, everyhting is just fine.

regards

Reid

Im having the same issues

On 2/4/2018 at 6:13 AM, byork said:

Good share.

A 3rd party aircraft should generally never be the default aircraft in FSX or P3D.

It can cause load problems.

Im having the same issues, I just updated to the new 3.3 I dont understand the key bindings you speak of, i have a button on my yoke set to Autofeather ON/OFF which brings up the main panel, f22 as the default AC aswell, every previous version worked fine 

32 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

Im having the same issues

Im having the same issues, I just updated to the new 3.3 I dont understand the key bindings you speak of, i have a button on my yoke set to Autofeather ON/OFF which brings up the main panel, f22 as the default AC aswell, every previous version worked fine 

I'm not sure what your issue is.