Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

Blurries and more BLURRRRRIES

Please, could anyone help me out here ...

The blurries, especially over GEN and GES and UK from ORBX are killing me. I've tried every trick in the book, and read extensively across the Internet and tried every tweak and suggestion and still when I fly over any 'third layer' of scenery, either ORBX or other photoreal scenery then it's blurries all over the place!

• I've reinstalled P3D4.1 already ... it did not help
  • I've disabled FS_Global_NG_FTX ... it didn't help
  • I've 'migrated' a few times in FTX Central ... it didn't help
  • I've added TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= all the way from 40 to 150 as suggested on other forums ... it didn't help
  • I've added FFTF from 0.01 all the way to 0.3 as someone claimed it cured his blurries ... it didn't help
  • I've stayed away as far as possible from AffinityMask because that's a definite blurrie puke on my rig ... it didn't help
  • I've deleted prepar3d.cfg and started all over again because all the BS in cfg files doesn't do anything but trouble ... therefore it didn't help
  • I've even installed Lasso and although there is a definite improvement in smoothness, (less stuttering) ... it didn't help with the blurries
  • I've tried HT on and off in the BIOS and it makes no difference on my rig although I do think HT OFF is the better option for smoothness ... but the blurries remain
  • I've already posted on ORBX and LM P3D4 forums ... they didn't help

BECAUSE - on my i7 7700 @ 4.2 and 32GB DDR4 with a 1080Ti on Win10x64 with 4K monitor, it should really really not be a problem!

• It seems to me, after many years of FSX experience, that you have the 'default' ground layer, then you add Global, then comes Europe_LC, and on top of it you add Terrain Scenery like GEN, GES, NOR, UK and to finish it off you have 3rd party scenery and then P3D4 on my rig just go, "okay, I give up!"
  • It's not so evident when flying over areas that has no Terrain Scenery ... e.g: when flying over Italy or France with only Europe_LC there is hardly any blurries but the moment I hit Germany, it's all over the place until I switch it off in SCENERY 

I will really appreciate some help here!

Please and thank you.

UpfbPE.jpgaJNkqw.jpgqrtmx4.jpg

Terblanche Jordaan

What's the behavior after a stock install, no addons whatsoever?

Have you EVER monitored your CPU and Core usage during flying?

To say AM ist pointless in v4 is IMO a big mistake. It may work for one or another but reading thru all this Blurries- and Stutterposts i would say it still is a vital setting on the majority of systems.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

16 minutes ago, newtie said:

What's the behavior after a stock install, no addons whatsoever?

Haven't spend much time flying a default aircraft over default scenery because it all seems 100% and I haven't been able to pin-point the main culprit although it does seem (on my rig) that it is ORBX's terrain scenery and other photoreal scenery.

11 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Have you EVER monitored your CPU and Core usage during flying?

Jip, all the time! CPU is the same as everyone else on P3D4 ... it's high but manageable. I did however discovered a wonderful trick: You load P3D4 with Lasso in the background // once started go to Lasso and watch the different threads and the one tries to outperform the other /// now go to Task Manager and to Details and right-click on prepar3d.exe and go to SET AFFINITY, it opens up and you click OK [do nothing, just click OK] // now watch the different threads in Lasso ... they are all even out and no more spikes. Miracle or Magic!

11 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

To say AM ist pointless in v4 is IMO a big mistake.

I've tried it with 84, 85, 255, 256 and they're all just contributing to blurries EVERYWHERE and not only the above mentioned places :blink:

Terblanche Jordaan

To me happens after run ftx central 3 that installs orbx stuff. The solution that works for me is delete the shaders after run ftx central. I hope helps you.

Eduardo

What about locking frames? did you try that? on my system makes all the difference when using heavy aircrafts!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Just now, edzunu said:

The solution that works for me is delete the shaders after run ftx central.

As a rule I always delete the shaders when I've installed new scenery and/or textures.

It really feels as if I've tried everything except to format my C drive ....................... which will definitely get rid of EVERYTHING! :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Terblanche Jordaan

2 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

What about locking frames? did you try that? on my system makes all the difference when using heavy aircrafts!

With VSyc on with my 4K monitor the FPS are capped at 30 although it is UNLIMITED in settings. But I haven't tried that, I have to admit.

Terblanche Jordaan

What a pity you have to do that, for me the problem is ORBX.

Eduardo

1 minute ago, Terblanche said:

With VSyc on with my 4K monitor the FPS are capped at 30 although it is UNLIMITED in settings. But I haven't tried that, I have to admit.

Try that, i also play in 4k, if you notice any stutters try one thing, lower your refresh rate to 25hz, vsync on, and lock your frames to 30, and see whats the outcome of that.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

What I did not mention in my first post is the fact that my P3D4 is really smooth, almost no stutters except with the FSLabs A320 but that they will fix in the upcoming SP. With the PMDG aircraft the FPS hardly ever drop below 30 FPS where it is capped due to VSync and 4K monitor. I can't complain about low FPS even with all sliders max out. It's only the blurries and blurries alone that is so evident that it starts to scream in you face after a while and it is really only over GEN, GES, UK and other photoreal scenery. The rest of the world is hardly visible and you have to look for it to see it from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Terblanche Jordaan

3 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Try that, i also play in 4k, if you notice any stutters try one thing, lower your refresh rate to 25hz, vsync on, and lock your frames to 30, and see whats the outcome of that.

Okidoki ... I'll try it.

Terblanche Jordaan

24 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

I've tried it with 84, 85, 255, 256 and they're all just contributing to blurries EVERYWHERE and not only the above mentioned places :blink:

I suggest to try 252 and 244 with HT on or 14 with HT off.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

What also comes into my mind ... maybe the problem lays between CPU and graphics card.

Interrupt sharing of the PCI-E Port or the PCI-E is not set to the maximum speed or you have put the card into a slower PCI-E Slot.

Signature3.png

Just now, JoeFackel said:

Interrupt sharing of the PCI-E Port or the PCI-E is not set to the maximum speed or you have put the card into a slower PCI-E Slot.

OMW - now you've lost me ... do I have to take this monster back to company who has build her? How can I find out what port where how fast?

Terblanche Jordaan