Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

Blurries and more BLURRRRRIES

11 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Try that, i also play in 4k, if you notice any stutters try one thing, lower your refresh rate to 25hz, vsync on, and lock your frames to 30, and see whats the outcome of that.

I run 25 and lock it at 26 FPS.  Unlimited works ok but I can get stutters sometimes from the FPS fluctuations.  As long as I can hold 25 FPS it works great.  It can be a struggle at the large airports so I have to run unlimited but otherwise locking works well.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

The blurries, especially over GEN and GES and UK from ORBX are killing me.

I think Zuma may have stolen your crisp textures.

1 minute ago, sfgiants13 said:

I run 25 and lock it at 26 FPS.  Unlimited works ok but I can get stutters sometimes from the FPS fluctuations.  As long as I can hold 25 FPS it works great.  It can be a struggle at the large airports so I have to run unlimited but otherwise locking works well.

Interesting, if i run 25hz with 26 lock i get stutters, also in unlimited, i need to give itsome slack to have a smooth expirience, so the 30 lock :) And all this just for heavy aircrafts and airports, with light  enviroments unlock fps with 30hz gives me the best expirience...oh my!! Flight simining is a challenge in and out :)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

You need to start again you're adding trying to many things. They don't all work together and am not going into that...to long.

Delete config file

Delete shade

Set FPS within P3D to 20 (you can rise this later)

Setting need to be middle settings.

Untick the trees option and tick the high texture setting. Restart sim after.

Go fly and now see if you get blurries. 

I don't care if you get stutter or anything else, first get your texture loading right. Its terrible.

Good luck because if that does not give you back texture loading imo it's your PC :( 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I also experience this extremely slow loading in blocks...

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124835

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125808&start=45

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808

And it's not only autogen but scenery itself. When I fly for an hour everything is blurry. i have to pause the sim for about 3 minutes until it catches up loading. And when it does, the system is pretty low on load according to Process manager etc. No CPU load, no HDD load, nothing....

I am afraid none of the suggestions here will cure this.

35 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

with all sliders max out.

There's your problem. Lower settings. Even your rig can't do "all sliders maxed out".

• Upvote 3

Just now, andreh said:

There's your problem. Lower settings. Even your rig can't do "all sliders maxed out".

Doesn't matter, you will still get the slow autoge loading / popping.

Check the type of your motherboard and get the manual (hopefully the company has included it in the package).

There you find infos about the PCI slots and which speed they have. Often they have only one full speed (for example x16) and the others are slower (x8 etc.).

Then check on which slot the card is in. Mostly the slot on top is the fastest one.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

28 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I also experience this extremely slow loading in blocks...

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124835

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125808&start=45

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808

And it's not only autogen but scenery itself. When I fly for an hour everything is blurry. i have to pause the sim for about 3 minutes until it catches up loading. And when it does, the system is pretty low on load according to Process manager etc. No CPU load, no HDD load, nothing....

I am afraid none of the suggestions here will cure this.

I can assure you that locking frames will solve that problem(internal locking, not using NI) i had exactly what you are describing, and was solved like that, the problem is not all systems behave the same, and locking fps can induce stutters in some cases.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

57 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I think Zuma may have stolen your crisp textures.

Bhwahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!   :laugh::laugh::laugh:

18 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Then check on which slot the card is in. Mostly the slot on top is the fastest one.

This Mother of a Monster on my desk has see-through panels that can open and I can see that this huge 1080Ti is indeed on the top slot ... and Speccy confirms that GTX1080Ti is in PCIx16

Terblanche Jordaan

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

I've tried it with 84, 85, 255, 256 and they're all just contributing to blurries EVERYWHERE and not only the above mentioned places :blink:

256 isn't valid for 8 cores.

I'd suggest 253, with hyperthreading enabled.

1 minute ago, srce said:

I'd suggest 253, with hyperthreading enabled.

HT is disabled on my rig because after extensive testing between on and off there was definitely much less and almost no stuttering with HT off. But I'll try 14 again, as well as above mentioned advice.

Terblanche Jordaan

We have very similar rigs.

• I use Lasso also
  • HT off
  • FPS locked at 20
  • VSync off
  • all sliders are NOT maxed - be selective
  • no AM or AM=15
  • FFTF 0.15
  • TBM=80

Set up with mid sliders and work from there - I would NOT use the set affinity trick - there are times when one thread SHOULD have priority - defeat that and you get strange results.

Try redownloading and reinstall the addon area causing the problem.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

24 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

HT is disabled on my rig because after extensive testing between on and off there was definitely much less and almost no stuttering with HT off. But I'll try 14 again, as well as above mentioned advice.

If you have HT disabled, then the affinitymasks you mentioned don't make sense, as they are for when HT is enabled.

If you have HT off, don't set it (or set it to 15, which is the same result). If it's on, try 253 or 244.

15 = 1111 

253 = 1111 1101

244 = 1111 0100

You need 1 bit per CPU. 1 = use that CPU, 0 = don't use it.

The '01' part of the above should prevent hyperthreading conflicts for the main thread.

The '00' is to reserve Core 0 for non-P3D programs.

• Upvote 1

RE: SLIDERS

• When I fly the A2A or Carenado aircraft that cruise at 120-150 kts at 5000-7000" it is possible to max all sliders without blurries, stutters or a single drop in FPS - even with the Q400, there is not a drop in FPS with all sliders max out but I am selective because the higher and faster you fly the more blurries I get over the specific areas.
  • When flying the PMDG, FSLabs, and CRJ900 the the sliders all come down a notch or two - but even with those aircraft there is not much of a FPS influence and even at EDDF and EGLL the impact on FPS is marginal ... and the sim runs smoothly. It's only the blurries that irritate the living daylight out of me. 
  • But for all aircraft types there is a setting file e.g. PMDG_DAY is without DL and all sliders a bit higher and PMDG_NIGHT has DL on but shadows off and ground textures all a notch or three lower because you can't see anything anyway ... except of course, the beloved blurries.

Terblanche Jordaan