Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

Blurries and more BLURRRRRIES

4 minutes ago, lodestar said:

Yes, but then you should manually delete scenery.dat files, becouse SceneryConfigEditor are not going to find them

Yip, you're right, I forgot to mention that ... it's something I also do after new scenery is installed.

Terblanche Jordaan

8 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

Yip, you're right, I forgot to mention that ... it's something I also do after new scenery is installed.

I never have deleted them and also use SCE.

No microstutters...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

21 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I never have deleted them and also use SCE.

No microstutters...

It's more about blurries / scenery loading. Scenery.dat files can get corrupted, some people say you should do this every time you install / uninstall a new scenery, activate or de-activate... So, every time scenery.cfg is rebuilded

For what its worth... I found P3Dv4.1 brought back the blurries. I know this information will certainly not help your situation but rather send a commiseration. 

When P3D version 4 came out I was suitably impressed with the crystal clear textures (straight out of the box) that I was always plaqued with in all previous versions, even FSX. For the first time ever I had clear ground textures in V4 and it didn’t matter where my P3D slides were I always had clear textures. I had the wow factor with the ORBX scenery and realised that LM had nailed it finally. (For me at least)

Then came along version 4.1. 

All of a sudden the blurries were back and it didn’t matter where I place the P3D slides the SIM will initially load blurried ground textures or the textures will blur after a few minutes of flying.

I have since placed an AM setting into the config file which also for the first time ever has actually helped (didn’t in versions prior to V4)

My CPU is the ancient 6700k OC to 4.7 HT on running a Titan XP. I have currently 116 set for the AM (tried many numbers) and although it’s not perfect it is providing the best results that I’ve seen from V4.1. Very seldom am I seeing blurry ground textures.

The number of CPU Core’s is probably different on your 7700 vs my 6700 but it maybe worth trying a few different AM combinations. (here we go again the bloody AM debate... sorry)

I thought about going back to version 4.0 but I’m injoying the VR experience way too much now in P3Dv4.1 that I can’t do it, And besides if there is a slightly blurred texture outside the aircraft window it’s not so noticeable through the VR headset.

Finally.. if you can’t fix the blurries altogether go grab a Pimax 4k or 8k Headset and prepare for some VR awesomeness. (Your machine is built for it)

IM

Your system is overloaded resulting is slow loading textures. It doesn't matter how new your PC is  and there is no magic CPU affinity settings or tweaks that will fix it. Throwing 4k into the mix puts even more load on your system.

People's understanding of " I look at the CPU graph and it's not 100%" is flawed , an overloaded system will often exhibit lower CPU usage because it only takes overloading one piece of the render chain to bring the whole mess down. One bottleneck will result in the rest of the cores not having a load because they are waiting on the bottlenecked portion for data thus less CPU usage is shown in that graph.

The only fix is lower settings and or lock frame rates. The reason it looks better with locked frames it because you are putting less priority on FPS vs quality and it can fully render the texture before moving on to the next frame.

That is also why "pausing" will let the rendering engine catch up then the textures will become crisp.

It's been this way since FSX with users endlessly seeking the next tweak while running at unlimited FPS.

41 minutes ago, Slayer said:

The only fix is lower settings and or lock frame rates.

Your post makes perfect sense but I could never understand why whenever I moved all my slides to the left except for the texture resolution slide and got over 200 FPS but still had blurry textures or when I locked my frames everything looked great until I arrived at a nice 3rd party airport in a nice 3rd party airplane. This is when I would get slight stutters obviously bringing my machine to its knees. However as soon as I went unlimited the stutters were gone without any visible texture deterioration and all smooth again providing I used vsync matching FPS to my screen. For me FPS is ignored and smoothness is paramount.

What really sux is every computer is different even if the hardware is identical, that messes with my mind a bit but keeps the forums busy.

56 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Your post makes perfect sense but I could never understand why whenever I moved all my slides to the left except for the texture resolution slide and got over 200 FPS but still had blurry textures or when I locked my frames everything looked great until I arrived at a nice 3rd party airport in a nice 3rd party airplane. This is when I would get slight stutters obviously bringing my machine to its knees. However as soon as I went unlimited the stutters were gone without any visible texture deterioration and all smooth again providing I used vsync matching FPS to my screen. For me FPS is ignored and smoothness is paramount.

What really sux is every computer is different even if the hardware is identical, that messes with my mind a bit but keeps the forums busy.

Yup locked frames also has the drawback of microstutters and input lag. Tripple buffering is supposed to help solve that.

I'm not saying never use unlimited. Just if you do choose to go that route it is important to keep your sliders in check, even if you are getting decent FPS. It is possible to have decent FPS and blurries because the rendering engine doesn't simply wait or lockup while waiting for  textures to load it continues on.

That's where all the confusion comes from because frame rate is not low so it is assumed to be a setting or tweak to get rid of blurries. 

if you read through the P3D forums frequently, you might notice that many people who have been around a while stress that P3D is NOT like FSX - the fps is not nearly as important to good experience. 

Tune your system to the LOWEST fps where you can get SMOOTH operation - any FPS above that point is not only wasted but puts an UNNECESSARY extra load on the CPU.

I have mine locked at 20 and never check it unless I'm testing a new product. This leaves me a lot of CPU power to deal with heavy scenery and cloud loads, etc.

Think about it - you set a high locked framerate or unlimited - what does P3D do? It "tries" to maintain that rate or the highest rate possible. If the CPU is busy doing this then it's not busy doing other necessary tasks and you get stutters, blurries, etc.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

11 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Think about it - you set a high locked framerate or unlimited - what does P3D do? It "tries" to maintain that rate or the highest rate possible. If the CPU is busy doing this then it's not busy doing other necessary tasks and you get stutters, blurries, etc.

There it is, this sentence says it all!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

What if you have a 4K TV? Should you set/lock your frames from within P3D at 30 or 60? I have a Sony 4K TV that can do 60Hz all the way down to 23Hz... But I remember when I locked frames and set my TV to 30Hz that my mouse movements became very laggy and unresponsive.

Unfortunately theres little we can do about this my friend, slow refresh rates give you lag, what i do is use the 60hz in all my normal  activity and i use HotKey Resolution Changer https://funk.eu/hrc/ to change my refresh rate fast when i fire P3D ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Then came along version 4.1. 

Exactly my experience too.

2 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

However as soon as I went unlimited the stutters were gone without any visible texture deterioration and all smooth again

That's how I had it as well and while at an airport, even demanding airports like EDDF, EGLL, LSZH it was very smooth and texture are crisp and clear - but - as soon as you take-off then the blurries creep in ... and the rest is a thread on AVSIM

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Your system is overloaded resulting is slow loading textures.

Not what I want to hear after spending a fortune in upgrading :dry: .......... the only thing I can hope for now, is that my machine will run like hell when P3D5 comes out (LOL)

One thing I've noticed since the switch to P3D is that sometimes bringing sliders down actually decrease performance. It's a constant struggle to find the sweet spot between the 500 sliders in P3D4 settings. One can only hope that P3D4.xx will optimize the performance regarding the stuttering and shimmering, HDR in general and DL in particular, not to mention the fact that scenery files are now all over the place with little or no control on over some scenery that the one folder needs to be higher or lower than the other scenery files. It was no pressing issue to change this and I prefer to see ALL my scenery entries in ONE scenery.cfg file. But that's just me and now I'm off topic.

Terblanche Jordaan

4 hours ago, Terblanche said:

OMW - !!! That's it ........... I've deleted p3d.cfg file and Shaders folder and then locked the FPS at 30 seeing that my VSync does it anyway with the 4K monitor and voila! No blurries!

However, the micro stutters are back but I just did the exact flight I did this morning with the Q400 from LOWI to ELLX and there were no blurries anywhere. It's like having a whole new sim.

Now I just need to find the cure for the micro-stutters. Tick-tok-tick-toc.

Try locking just above 30, ie 31~33, at 30Hz refresh vsync ON.
25Hz is too low in my book.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

16 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I can assure you that locking frames will solve that problem(internal locking, not using NI) i had exactly what you are describing, and was solved like that, the problem is not all systems behave the same, and locking fps can induce stutters in some cases.

Not for me :-(

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

Your system is overloaded resulting is slow loading textures. It doesn't matter how new your PC is  and there is no magic CPU affinity settings or tweaks that will fix it. Throwing 4k into the mix puts even more load on your system.

People's understanding of " I look at the CPU graph and it's not 100%" is flawed , an overloaded system will often exhibit lower CPU usage because it only takes overloading one piece of the render chain to bring the whole mess down. One bottleneck will result in the rest of the cores not having a load because they are waiting on the bottlenecked portion for data thus less CPU usage is shown in that graph.

The only fix is lower settings and or lock frame rates. The reason it looks better with locked frames it because you are putting less priority on FPS vs quality and it can fully render the texture before moving on to the next frame.

That is also why "pausing" will let the rendering engine catch up then the textures will become crisp.

It's been this way since FSX with users endlessly seeking the next tweak while running at unlimited FPS.

Steve, with respect, if your analysis was correct, the effect would be seen across the board and not just with photoscenery. Besides, as I have posted elsewhere, I have exactly same issue, have used every single manner of settings and have got nowhere fast.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

In my opinion, there is an intrinsic problem with V4.1. LM are aware of this and are supposed to be addressing it. There are numerous posts on the LM forum, including this which I have simply copied across for further info :-

I am a very worried simmer. I've been simming for the past seven years FSX, SE, P3dV3.4 and now V4. I thought I had found paradise, but alas, I have spent hours trying to get rid of blurred textures and slow loading scenery. I've been around the block a little, so I'm no newbie to what is and what isn't about tweaking and getting a sim to run properly. I have a pretty top end system and today I have spent all afternoon into the evening trying all manner of tweaks and settings, but I am getting nowhere fast. I am now convinced, and no one can convince me otherwise, that there is an intrinsic problem somewhere along the line with either the sceneries that are installed or the way V4 has been coded.

I have tried all manner of vsync combinations, nvidia CP, Nvidia Inspector, different refresh rates, all sliders set to low, all sliders set high, all the usual framerate eaters switched off, default CFG, then CFG with the usual tweaks, locked framerates, unlimited framerates, locked frames in Nvidia inspector, low MSAA, low SSAA, etc etc etc.  So it goes on. It has got to the point that I am now sick to the back teeth of the whole shooting match and am considering jacking everything in. I've spent a fortune over the past few months upgrading to a newly built rig ready for P3DV4 and am extremely disillusioned.

One thing I have ascertained, is the issue seems to fall squarly at the feet of photoscenery.  A typical example was flying from Anacortes, which is an extremely hard hitting scenery at the best of times, to Israels farm. On arriving at the outskirts of Israels farm, which is normally a really nice area to fly around and to enjoy the scenery, just where the photoscenery starts it became just  a mush of textures. It was embarrassing. Extremely slow loading textures.

There seem to be many posts on the different forums and over at LM all posting the same issue, so there must be some commonality amongst all of them. If there is anyone running a similar rig as mine and not experiencing issues, then I would be extremely interested in hearing about your setup. Thanks fells.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776