Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Ideas or reasons to fly

40 minutes ago, pracines said:

There is a free utility called Destination Finder 2 (search in Avsim DL's), that is simple yet powerful. It will give you totally random airports, or select from a complete set of criteria including runway length, country, state, parking availability ect.. The destination can be randomly selected by distance, time, ILS availability and the above criteria as well.   

I use it a lot, and as a matter of fact I'm flying this moment from KPHL to VTBU in the PMGG 777-200 LR as suggested by DF2.I simply asked for airports with heavy gates and it selected the departure/destination then I select which aircraft. PFPX is used for the rest of the planning.

Where did you found that Paul? i made a search and didnt find it, can you share it? thank you!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

36 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Where did you found that Paul? i made a search and didnt find it, can you share it? thank you!

You know I have been using this for about 10 years, and I thought I downloaded it from Avsim, but now that you have brought it up, it was at the FlightSim.com file library. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=60099321

I use it for P3Dv4 and it works fine with the new makerunways and Lorby AO

• Upvote 1

What keeps my interest up is flying online on Vatsim following real world procedures from gate to gate and interacting with other real human beings.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

11 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

What keeps my interest up is flying online on Vatsim following real world procedures from gate to gate and interacting with other real human beings.

I look at what Vatsim center is active, then find a couple of airports in that center and set up a flight. Never gets boring, and always flying into different airports. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I typically have it in my head that i want to fly a certain aircraft or certain city pairing, usually based on a payware airport i just bought or haven’t visited in a while.  Then i go on flightaware and look for a suitable real world flight.

Sometimes though i’ll be watching a show or movie and that will influence me, ie watching Ice Pilots will make we want to do some arctic flying.

Also if i have a real world flight coming up i like to replicate it in flightsim.  I often tell my wife “good news, i flew our flight successfully, so the pros should have no problem getting us there in one piece” to which she consistently rolls her eyes :)  

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I often tell my wife “good news, i flew our flight successfully, so the pros should have no problem getting us there in one piece” to which she consistently rolls her eyes :)

Now that sounds familiar to many of us I'm sure :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

There have been quite a few solutions on how to solve the MTL issue, like using a third party traffic program, or replacing the old AI models with freeware FSX models, but the posts get deleted within minutes on the forum by MTL team. 

ok, in case you could private message me a link I would hugely appreciate it, becase Ive been searching for a solution since P3Dv4 came out and I cant see any traffic, If there is any workaround Id hugely appreciate any help

2 hours ago, pracines said:

I use it for P3Dv4 and it works fine with the new makerunways and Lorby AO

I cant see P3D in the application, how do you get it to point to P3D

Richard

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

4 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Now that sounds familiar to many of us I'm sure :laugh:

I think an understand spouse is a prerequisite of this hobby!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, monteclaro said:

IDEAL FLIGHT and let the program do all the job for you. http://codelegend.com/idealflight/default.htm

I have Ideal flight from Steve Waite for P3D v3, great piece of software and Steve is a great guy always helping and giving great support, but hes charging another new license for V4, and IF is not cheap, in my opinion not a fair deal from someone that already bought the software, i already had the opportunity to tell him that in his forum ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 hours ago, raknal said:

I cant see P3D in the application, how do you get it to point to P3D

Richard

A dummy/fake FSX.exe file placed in the root of P3D will do.

I have recently returned to FSEcnomy, even for jet flights. I set a long term goal of purchasing a plane like the Q400, which will take a LONG time for me to save the funds in the game. That gives me a goal to work towards. I also like how FSE encourages exploration of new areas with the pilot for hire model. (I dislike being confined to bases in AH2.)

FSCaptain is also very good, but lacks the dynamic economy of FSE. It is, however, possible to use both on the same flight.

20 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

I would like to hear what my fellow captains use to get ideas or reasons to fly, i think we all been there..."i want to fly today but i dont know what and where to..."

Virtual Airlines for me. 

Ryanair is a great one. You fly real world route and you get scored and a record of all you flights. It also gives you the route, FL and gates for both airports.

After a flight you get this

ryan.jpg

With them and there vEZY you don't even have to fly once a month just come and go as you please. Just sign up and enjoy!

https://vamsys.io/select

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I used to use VAMsys. The drawback for me is that you need to have a different tracking app for each company and there are not many airlines. I like to fly any airline and not only a few.

I use projectFLY scheduling system. There is a small subscription, but you get up to 50 airlines (pax and cargo) out of all real world airlines, that you are interested to fly. Then, you can find a flight based on your search criteria (Aircraft type, Airline, Departure airport, Arrival airport) or you can let the engine generate a flight or a set of legs for you. The flight numbers/callsigns and destinations are generated from the real world flights. The guys are planning updates to make it even more flexible in the future.

What I do, is I have set up my fleet of airlines in Google Earth as aircraft pins along with my add-on airports, and like a strategy game, I choose which airline I want to fly today, and let projectFLY generate a flight for this specific airline/departure airport for me. After I complete my flight, I move the airline pin on the arrival airport in Google Earth. 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link