Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

Ideas or reasons to fly

I would like to hear what my fellow captains use to get ideas or reasons to fly, i think we all been there..."i want to fly today but i dont know what and where to..."

We have some good tools on the market like fscaptain for a virtual company, or fseconomy for GA, or even Air Haluer 2, although i dont have this last one(i find weird a software that is in early access for more than one year)

Im all ears :)

Thank you

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

It's pretty much a finished product, but I think Air Hauler 2 may be waiting to add FSW compatibility (but that is just a guess). Either way, Air Hauler 2 is my go to program for flying stuff. Absolutely great program with tons of features and highly recommended.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I fly with IVAO. They have lots short and long haul tours you can join. Surely you will find something you like. It gives you the incentive to fly because you want to finish the tour . I guess Vatsim has the same.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Agree with Alan. AH2 and add a virtual airline or two - until I get the nerve to try vatsim

Mario Di Lauro

4 minutes ago, willy647 said:

I fly with IVAO. They have lots short and long haul tours you can join. Surely you will find something you like. It gives you the incentive to fly because you want to finish the tour . I guess Vatsim has the same.

I used to fly on ivao but can’t anymore since their mtl is not working with p3dv4. :( 

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's pretty much a finished product, but I think Air Hauler 2 may be waiting to add FSW compatibility (but that is just a guess). Either way, Air Hauler 2 is my go to program for flying stuff. Absolutely great program with tons of features and highly recommended.

Ok Alan, thak you for your opinion on Air hauler, i will give a second look on that.

3 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Thank you Willy, i have to admit that ive been more an offline flyer, but i will look in the future to vatsim and ivao ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 minute ago, ber17118 said:

I used to fly on ivao but can’t anymore since their mtl is not working with p3dv4. :( 

If im not mistaken i read somewhere that one guy solve that with a new version of mtl for P3D v4, just try to search mate, im also going to search to see if i find again.

Marques

24 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

If im not mistaken i read somewhere that one guy solve that with a new version of mtl for P3D v4, just try to search mate, im also going to search to see if i find again.

There have been quite a few solutions on how to solve the MTL issue, like using a third party traffic program, or replacing the old AI models with freeware FSX models, but the posts get deleted within minutes on the forum by MTL team. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, dmarques69 said:

I would like to hear what my fellow captains use to get ideas or reasons to fly, i think we all been there..."i want to fly today but i dont know what and where to...

Im all ears :)

Thank you

For the last three years I've planned all my flights around a long term theme.  My first was an around the world trip that took 18 months. I just picked a starting point and then planed the next flight and next flight until I got back to the starting point. I used different aircraft depending on the length of the flight, altitude, etc.  I followed that with flights to each of the state capitals in the US, starting in Florida and ending in Alabama.  Right now I'm flying to each large airport in South America.  After that it's ORBX North and South Germany.  I usually get my next idea while in the midst of the present jaunt. Luckily, I've not had the "I don't know where to go today" since 2014.

• Upvote 4

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

There is a free utility called Destination Finder 2 (search in Avsim DL's), that is simple yet powerful. It will give you totally random airports, or select from a complete set of criteria including runway length, country, state, parking availability ect.. The destination can be randomly selected by distance, time, ILS availability and the above criteria as well.   

I use it a lot, and as a matter of fact I'm flying this moment from KPHL to VTBU in the PMGG 777-200 LR as suggested by DF2.I simply asked for airports with heavy gates and it selected the departure/destination then I select which aircraft. PFPX is used for the rest of the planning.

I am always looking at flightaware for flights out of the last airport I landed in with the aircraft type I have as an add on (pmdg737 lately). Then I choose the arrival airport depending on a good freeware scrnery I can find and for legs between 1.5h - 3h. My last legs were for example edsb-uuww-uwoo-uuee. 

And then of course I try to match the flight as good as possible....date and time; right livery, weather, gate aso 

18 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

My first was an around the world trip

I did this a few years ago and totally enjoyed it. I think it's time to do it again.

Lately I like to fly heavy metal into IFR conditions. I use Active Sky Next to find a destination with precipitation, cross winds, and visibility/overcast near minimums. If IVAO or VATSIM ATC is active there, all the better. Vectored approaches in rough weather into busy airports are lots of fun.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Really waiting for FSPassenger to be compatible. Otherwise I find the greatest joy is flightplanning and setting everything up. After that the flight itself is anti-climatic. Also variety is important. Right now planning and flying everything from FSLabs A320, TFDIs 717, PMDGs 737 to 747. A variety of payware airports is also important and I have a number of European but also some Asian airports for the longer hauls.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

For the last three years I've planned all my flights around a long term theme.  My first was an around the world trip that took 18 months. I just picked a starting point and then planed the next flight and next flight until I got back to the starting point. I used different aircraft depending on the length of the flight, altitude, etc.  I followed that with flights to each of the state capitals in the US, starting in Florida and ending in Alabama.  Right now I'm flying to each large airport in South America.  After that it's ORBX North and South Germany.  I usually get my next idea while in the midst of the present jaunt. Luckily, I've not had the "I don't know where to go today" since 2014.

Something that crossed my mind already, i was about to do the Aerosoft aroud the world, but i cant be commited with schedules :). Thank you for your suggestion.

Marques