Sign in to follow this  
Gustavos

Simmarket Account

54 minutes ago, rooitou said:

And their website is down today, haven't been able to access it for several hours, and so is FSPilotshop. Wonder if hackers got to them?

I have purchased over 50 add-ons from simmarket over the past 3-4 years and never had an accounts problem (using Paypal), but I have tried to get product support a few times without much success. They tend to just shake their heads and refer you to the developer. It is probably typical of a high-volume / low-margin business where customer care takes a back-seat to pushing products.

This is very interesting. I may be removing my account if/when these websites come up.

spacer.png

On 11/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, Gustavos said:

Hello everyone, 

I need peoples advice i had a sim-market account which up until last month was fine, However my account had been taken over and my previous email address hacked, And it seems that purchases have been made on the account that wasn't me and charge backs have occurred, Now i opened a simmarket ticket in regards to finding out why the account was blacklisted, I Got a message from Jorge - Support telling me the reasons however to get the account back i have to pay 190 Euros!!! and that was it now they are actually being childish and constantly closing the Support ticket but want me to pay 190 euro for something i didnt even authorise on my simmarket account.

I have already spent over 300+ Euro on legitimate purchases that i made from years ago, I wasn't aware of purchases that wasn't made by me until a few days ago of trying to login, The customer service is so shocking for this company they have basically blacklisted the account i have with over 300+Euro of Legitmate paid products that i can provide proof for and all im getting told is that i have to pay 190!! Euros back to them because of a charge back that wasn't even nothing to do with me the account i had was compromised but simmarket doesn't seem to actually care, surely they cannot withhold Products that i have paid for legitimately up to over a year ago? i have no way of getting my downloads back that was paid by me, Does anyone know what i can do here or where i stand with legal action ? Surely this comes under the Consumer Rights act for digital goods, Any help appreciated,

Gustavos

Gustavos,

As a commercial member I can give you relevant information, a charge back means that your Credit Card company is aware the transaction was fraudulent and contacted SimMarket to cancel the transaction, so SimMarket never received any money, however they provided the download and keys to the hacker (who was using your email).

So now they are just unhappy with the situation, but this is business and fraudulent transactions is a risk we all commercial members have to deal with when we sell products online, their attitude towards you in my opinion is ridiculous, basically they want their money at any cost and they are holding your previous purchases for ransom (which is illegal).

If I was you, I will show the invoices of previous purchases to each relevant developer, if you can provide enough proof to them that you already bought their products they will be happy to give you access to their products since you already paid for them. Regarding Simmarket, your solicitor should be able to solve this situation very easily as they cannot blame you for the problem, their licensing model just don't protect them against these situations.

This is one of the reasons I will not be selling my products with SimMarket, instead I will be using a international third party provider (FastSprint) which handles these situations much better, another advantage is that they only keep 8% of sales commission instead of 30% as Simmarket normally do.

I already discussed with FastSprint how Charge Backs work due to fraudulent transactions, they explained that under such circumstances they will refund the credit card holder automatically (as requested by the Bank) and that I will lose 3.5% of the transaction (due to administration fee), nothing I can do as this is part of business and my customers are always number one!.

I hope you get everything sorted.

Best Regards,
Simbol