37717192595_dbe81efeff_h.jpg

26828484419_49a6edd45e_h.jpg

38605375241_26adbf0538_h.jpg

38605374941_485d89c4fc_h.jpg

37717193965_3ebc8477bb_h.jpg

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Beautiful Greece.

Thanks for commenting....love to fly the close in islands of Greece!

HLJAMES

7 hours ago, EugeneR said:

Thank you for Greece real world!

Appreciate the comment!

HLJAMES

On 11/26/2017 at 1:39 PM, Carlton1971 said:

Smashing shots!

Many thanks for commenting!

HLJAMES

Very nice screenshots. Thank you for sharing!

I am going to buy all 6 parts of Greece now. I have have Orbx Global Base, Global Vector and Global openLC Europe. Do you think they can work with RSW Greece?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, larshgf said:

Very nice screenshots. Thank you for sharing!

I am going to buy all 6 parts of Greece now. I have have Orbx Global Base, Global Vector and Global openLC Europe. Do you think they can work with RSW Greece?

Big thank you....Great idea because each island has an airport and the islands have magnificent color and texture....no problem with ORBX stuff...It is high resolution photo scenery so you might consider high performance storage (blurries)

For some reason the northern area near Thessaloniki did not work and Athens city was a massive CPU/memory burden....Great fun with a sport plane!

HLJAMES

On 1/19/2018 at 4:28 AM, EugeneR said:

What is the file size on the RWS Greece?

Huge thank you for commenting......Took a week to download the about 60GB RWS Greece....not disappointed!

HLJAMES

I was in fact disappointed with the airports in RWS Greece.

The photoreal runways is mixed with the default runways from P3Dv3. Sometimes the alignment is wrong because Lockhead Martins afcad values might be  wrong. This could have been handled by the Company by delivering correct afcad values with the scenery. And when it comes to the problem with mix of photoreal and default P3D runways, then I think that the visual part of the photoreal runway should have been "painted out" somehow. Also even though the alignment is ok, because the default runway will allmost never cover the photreal runway completely. I give you a screenshot from Limnos airport to visualize the problem:

KosAirportviewfromaircraft.jpg

When you pay 78 USD for a scenery then then - in my oppinion - the airport should not have such a "confusing" appearance. But OK, I have no experience with commercial photoreal scenery to flightsimulators. So I dont know if the standard in RSW Greece is acceptable. 

Best Regards, Lars

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, larshgf said:

I was in fact disappointed with the airports in RWS Greece.

The photoreal runways is mixed with the default runways from P3Dv3. Sometimes the alignment is wrong because Lockhead Martins afcad values might be  wrong. This could have been handled by the Company by delivering correct afcad values with the scenery. And when it comes to the problem with mix of photoreal and default P3D runways, then I think that the visual part of the photoreal runway should have been "painted out" somehow. Also even though the alignment is ok, because the default runway will allmost never cover the photreal runway completely. I would like to give you a screenshot from Limnos airport to visualize the problem, but unfortunately I dont know how to insert a picture right now :-/

When you pay 78 USD for a scenery then then - in my oppinion - the airport should not have such a "confusing" appearance. But OK, I have no experience with commercial photoreal scenery to flightsimulators. So I dont know if the standard in RSW Greece is acceptable. 

Best Regards, Lars

Thanks very much....No need to send a photo because I know exactly what you are  seeing....the real airport will appear where it really is but the fabrication of the airport may be displaced...and both runways appear.

At the photo scenery level those errors will most often not be edited out except for scenery makers like VFR Generation X, France VFR, VFR Germany, Austria/Switzerland Pro...MSE would edit the larger airports only

so if you flew into Navajo Mountain Trading Post or Furnace Creek you would probably see two runways. This is where the custom airport makers really add quality to your sim because they not only fix these problems

but fabricate entire towns in your approach and exit add static display and clutter. I have custom scenery for Athens, Skiathos, Corfu, Thessaloniki, Heraklion and Mykonos!

HLJAMES

So not every commercial product can be expected to be 100% OK.
I better get the VISA card working then I guess :-)
But besides the airports my first evaluation of the RWS-Greece product is absolute positive!
Thank you HLJAMES for your information and your fine screenshots.

Regards, Lars
DK