Sign in to follow this  
Real Flight Shop

Just Flight title 40% off!

Hi Joe,

Just a heads up if unaware - there is a DC-8 that's been under development for years over at FSDeveloper - more recently - Aerosoft has noted they will be publishing it - from what I've seen it looks real good - just food for thought...

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/128149-douglas-dc-8-preview/

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I've never even heard of this shop before.... Does anyone know how long its been around? Also, I noticed some incorrect advertisement of at least one price:-40% off the Duchess is NOT $13.79.... That same plane has been $15.30 at other shops for quite a long time. (full price I think). So, -40% off of $15.30 is $9.18 (or your regional equivalent as Froogle would say). Not sure what to think. But the math is definitely wrong on that item at least.

Thoughts? 

8 hours ago, joemiller said:

Has anyone tried the DC-8  50-70 series in P3D V4 ? 

I just bought it tonight in a just flight bundle...just did a preflight and take off so far but seems to work well.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I just bought it tonight in a just flight bundle...just did a preflight and take off so far but seems to work well.

Nice. Are the texutes high def? And , is it well modelled? 

2 hours ago, joemiller said:

Nice. Are the texutes high def? And , is it well modelled? 

I got the 10-40 version last night. Not as good quality as some other just flight planes in the vc (also bought the dc-10 bundle, that's better). Dc-8 looks 'last gen' to me, in terms of sim quality.

Probably worth the current price. I bought five so far, might get the 50-80 as well given current sale. Note: early days for me with this plane, I just flew all of my new planes once so far - midnight to 4am flying session :) -  haven't read any documentation but can takeoff, fly and land ok. So consider my comment to be a preliminary take only.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Textures are perhaps a bit cartoony?  But it looks decent overall.  I’d add that the sounds are great.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It's okay for the money

12 hours ago, rightseat said:

I've never even heard of this shop before.... Does anyone know how long its been around?

Thoughts? 

I've bought a few things from there, but note that one of them was the Virtualcol CRJ, and that doesn't show up as one of my downloads any longer on my account with them, nor as a product they sell (presumably there was a fall out between the vendor and Virtualcol). I still have the installation file and knowing Virtualcol as I do, I am sure they would honor the sale of it with me anyway should I need to download it again, but it is worth noting that about that particular shop. Note that my other purchases from that store (NaturalTreeEnvironmentX2 and  HDAirportGraphicsVer3. bothj by Zinnertek) are still available to download though and were purchased by me in 2016, so I'm sure they are an okay place to buy from and I wouldn't be put off from doing so if something was cheap from there, I'd just make sure I backed it up.

With regard to the JF DC-8, it's pretty good, worth having for that price certainly, since that's next to nothing price-wise. It's a bit heavy on FPS if you install the high res textures, but it does the job. It was developed by Aeroplane Heaven for JF, so if you know their stuff, you know what to expect. Works okay in P3D V4 as does most AH stuff. Worth a look on that page by the way is their B17F, which is excellent.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here