Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Milviz Otter released

Milviz has released their Otter. It is a fantastic bush aircraft. I did beta test this aircraft and highly recommend you take a look at it.

2017-11-18_11-4-36-113.jpg

Greg

• Upvote 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I see they support RXP GPS's, does this include the newer V2 530/430 versions or the legacy ones? :blink: If you would happen to know that'd be great so i can go ahead and purchase :biggrin:

Hi Folks,

Well they slipped that one by me - first I've heard - nice colors Greg...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yes and Yes, fantastic aircraft from Milviz.  I'm amazed the canoe can stay attached during flight or less than optimized landings.

I hope Milviz can find more ways to do non-Military aircraft, nothing against their military offerings at all, it's just they do such a great job with GA also.

Cheers, Rob.

gregmorin as a beta tester did you notice that throttler lever don't work?

Eduardo

1 hour ago, edzunu said:

gregmorin as a beta tester did you notice that throttler lever don't work?

Eduardo

Eduardo

The throttle has been working fine.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Greg,

How would you rate this compared to the Beaver - specifically the FDE ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Well now, I had no idea, I bought the JustFlight version a short while ago and love it...but, now I'm tempted to see how this one flies, Milviz do such wonderful job on their planes.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This thing is a monster! It flies like a mack truck. I mean all this in a good way. It is probably very realistic. Unload some of that fuel, it helps!

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

This looks very nice.

If anyone has this, how are the sounds? Nice and meaty?

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

55 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

This thing is a monster! It flies like a mack truck. I mean all this in a good way. It is probably very realistic. Unload some of that fuel, it helps!

The real one's do fly this way.

Near CAM3

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy the Just Flight Otter recently released but held off mainly because of the cockpit graphics IMO not measuring up to the price. I will certainty look at this one as the Otter has a child hood connection to me. In 1959 my Dad was stationed in Bogotá Columbia with an Army Geographic unit. He would sometimes take me to the airport with him to meet the U.S.Army Otter when it would fly in from the Canal Zone. To my 6yr old eyes that was the most beautiful sites to see that bird taxi in and swing around. It was white with red wing tips and tail. I still have a color photograph of it. I remember the guy who flew it was a Capt. Knox. My Dad rode to Panama with him a couple of times and he liked to get down to nap of the earth level over the Columbian jungle. After returning to the States we heard of his death in an accident in Alaska. You know what they say about old bold pilots. 

Vic green

4 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy the Just Flight Otter recently released but held off mainly because of the cockpit graphics IMO not measuring up to the price. I will certainty look at this one as the Otter has a child hood connection to me. In 1959 my Dad was stationed in Bogotá Columbia with an Army Geographic unit. He would sometimes take me to the airport with him to meet the U.S.Army Otter when it would fly in from the Canal Zone. To my 6yr old eyes that was the most beautiful sites to see that bird taxi in and swing around. It was white with red wing tips and tail. I still have a color photograph of it. I remember the guy who flew it was a Capt. Knox. My Dad rode to Panama with him a couple of times and he liked to get down to nap of the earth level over the Columbian jungle. After returning to the States we heard of his death in an accident in Alaska. You know what they say about old bold pilots. 

Hi, I did buy the JustFlight version, and I do like its flight dynamics, sound, feel.  But I would agree that I would love to see just a bit more rough and tough on the cockpit.

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Well now, I had no idea, I bought the JustFlight version a short while ago and love it...but, now I'm tempted to see how this one flies, Milviz do such wonderful job on their planes.

Eventually..

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.