1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

Eventually..

:laugh::laugh:

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Greg,

How would you rate this compared to the Beaver - specifically the FDE ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

A lot of work was done to get the FDE right. It is a heavier aircraft than the Beaver and it feels it. You need to be very conscious of your airspeed and flap configuration. It has excellent STOL characteristics. It flies by the numbers reflected in the original DHC manual. Overall, I think it is as good or better than the Beaver. I really like them both.

Greg

• Upvote 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Greg,

FDE’s are the most inportant part of a model to me - gracias amigo...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

They never finished the 737 to fix all the bugs, advertised RXP support for the B-55 but ignored the bugs I reported, then released a patch that broke the B55 even more, and if I had bought into the 350i "beta" I'd be extra upset. Maybe there is a change of management? Can't say I am excited to try another Milviz offering.

I'm about to buy my 8th Milviz product, the Otter and have to say, their support and commitment to promise have been second to none for the time I've been buying their product.

I do have the 737 and did purchase the B350i. Their statements and commitments about these products are public (in the case of the B350i, explicitly stated before you were allowed to hit "purchase") have not proven false of misleading. Interesting to me that someone who has no desire to purchase their products may continue to hold such fascination with them.

Anyway, off to buy the Otter...the Beaver was/is a great sim..I'm sure the Otter will be just as good or better.

EDIT: I also have the 2 models they made freeware as a gratuity to the community.

This thread's topic is the Milviz Otter.  Please keep the discussion to that topic.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Pity they did not debut the rumored licensing of TFdi's rain effects with this one....

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

This thread's topic is the Milviz Otter.  Please keep the discussion to that topic.

Regards

:-) It's a pretty good sim so far. Milviz always has the "right" weathered look in the cockpit textures. The functionality is all there in the cockpit including the arcane autopilot. Love the way most of the MV offerings are integrated into the same utility for configuration.

Yep, I couldn't resist and have made a few passes around my home field. It is a good model. Graphics are pretty spot on (pretty amazing really). Love the engine sound and the feel of heaviness is there. I've got no complaints. Naturally I didn't look at manual just loaded it to see if I could start it from cold and dark. Managed to start it and was perplexed by the generator light. I figured out (finally) - its a generator  and I was setting there pulling about 700 rpm's and not the needed 1000 or so. I like the old Otter. I did lean a lot on the AS twotter when I wanted fly an old exotic, but I think it will have to move over for the single engine Otter. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

24 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Managed to start it and was perplexed by the generator light. I figured out (finally) - its a generator

I couldn't figure this part out. The manual says the GEN SWITCH in the electrical panel, underneath the gauges but unless I'm blind, I cannot seem to find it.

Mario Di Lauro

Kudos to MilViz with this Otter, unfortunately for me, I will continue to use their DC-2.  Nothing against MilViz or Otter, I just don't like the look of the Otter, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me the Otter is not my bird :laugh:

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

11 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Yes and Yes, fantastic aircraft from Milviz.  I'm amazed the canoe can stay attached during flight or less than optimized landings.

I hope Milviz can find more ways to do non-Military aircraft, nothing against their military offerings at all, it's just they do such a great job with GA also.

Cheers, Rob.

Get this...the Canadian government ordered a research paper (see for yourself http://nparc.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/view/object/?id=51cafef5-fa3d-43c8-b6fc-5da6e1ebffc0) from NRC, to determine the effects of a canoe strapped to a plane.  Not sure which part they were more worried about, the plane or the canoe...

• Upvote 1

So I got this version of the Otter. Took me a bit to get her started and flying. Flew around some, I like the sounds, the feel, this is a good plane, love how perfectly the throttle, pitch and mixture levers are modeled.....then mid fight I switched to the JustFlight version...I also like the sounds, the feel...the VC is different but nicely modeled...these are two great planes.

I admit I'm an Otter lover, spend plenty of time in them up and down the central west coast of British Columbia.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hazy day at Beni Mellal, getting ready to fly the hump to Errachidia (click to biggen)

2017-11-25_10-0-6-928.md.jpg