Sign in to follow this  
Lenny777

Where are the Airport Environment Sounds?

X-Aviation for X-Plane has a program which gives you the ability to have different sounds in the airport environment called SoundMaxx. A small snipit for what it does:

How SoundMaxx Works
SoundMaxx is a plugin which will replace default X-Plane sounds with higher quality sounds (44kHz) for a more immersive simming experience. The sounds are recordings from the real world. In addition, SoundMaxx will add an ambient sound engine to X-Plane allowing new outdoor and in-cabin sounds. It will not interfere with third party engine sounds from other add-ons you purchase. The list of default replaced sounds includes: Thunder - wind - rain - hail - hail impacts - crashes - explosions - landing gear - gear rolling - gear skids - afterburners - jet, prop, and turboprop starters - reverse thrust - APU - switches - flaps.

So when you get out of your plane you hear the ambient sounds from the airport etc.

Is there not a similar product for P3Dv4?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hi Lenny,

As I own Ultimate Traffic Live, I use A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC3D SOUNDS FOR ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE add on.  `This will allow you to hear sounds of other AI Aircrafts when engine's start, taxi, thrust on take off.  Also when aircrafts are about to land, you will hear the spoilers.  

Its and add-on that I have been very happy with as its offers full 3d sound in Stereo and full 5.1.

http://secure.simmarket.com/a-constable-traffic3d_sounds-for-ultimate-traffic-live.phtml

I hope this helps.

25 minutes ago, abdulaslam said:

Hi Lenny,

As I own Ultimate Traffic Live, I use A CONSTABLE - TRAFFIC3D SOUNDS FOR ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE add on.  `This will allow you to hear sounds of other AI Aircrafts when engine's start, taxi, thrust on take off.  Also when aircrafts are about to land, you will hear the spoilers.  

Its and add-on that I have been very happy with as its offers full 3d sound in Stereo and full 5.1.

http://secure.simmarket.com/a-constable-traffic3d_sounds-for-ultimate-traffic-live.phtml

I hope this helps.

I have MYTRAFFIC.

I would also love to have ambient airport noises. It would really help with the immersion and the feel of being their. Wish somebody would offer or make a product that would sound realistic. Like take actual sound samples from an actual busy international airport. With lots of low frequency rumble when planes take off and land with their reverse thrust, etc.

AI sound packages don't really offer much in the realism department, it's quite tame and not lively enough.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Flight 1: Audio Environment Airliner Edition

In the 4 years that I have it I have replaced multiple aircraft sounds with TSS soundsets for even more immersion.

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

With respect to all the helpful advice here, I think things are being over thought. I believe the OP was simply asking for a way of playing ambient sound at an airport (excuse me if this is not the case) Just background sounds. A simple sound file of ambient noise at an airport that plays when you load the flight. I have also posted exactly the same request  

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

22 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

With respect to all the helpful advice here, I think things are being over thought. I believe the OP was simply asking for a way of playing ambient sound at an airport (excuse me if this is not the case) Just background sounds. A simple sound file of ambient noise at an airport that plays when you load the flight. I have also posted exactly the same request.

This was discussed only a few months ago. There is a gap that needs filling if you are not using GSX.

@Chock kindly provided us with his recordings.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/538081-we-need-ambient-airport-sounds-why-hasnt-anyone-done-this-yet/?do=findComment&comment=3864960

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

This was discussed only a few months ago. There is a gap that needs filling if you are not using GSX.

@Chock kindly provided us with his recordings.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/538081-we-need-ambient-airport-sounds-why-hasnt-anyone-done-this-yet/?do=findComment&comment=3864960

Thanks for this, appreciated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 11/24/2017 at 4:23 PM, abdulaslam said:

Hi Lenny,

I hope this helps.

I have this too but the sounds are way too quiet. 

On 11/24/2017 at 11:19 AM, Lenny777 said:

X-Aviation for X-Plane has a program which gives you the ability to have different sounds in the airport environment called SoundMaxx. A small snipit for what it does:

How SoundMaxx Works
SoundMaxx is a plugin which will replace default X-Plane sounds with higher quality sounds (44kHz) for a more immersive simming experience. The sounds are recordings from the real world. In addition, SoundMaxx will add an ambient sound engine to X-Plane allowing new outdoor and in-cabin sounds. It will not interfere with third party engine sounds from other add-ons you purchase. The list of default replaced sounds includes: Thunder - wind - rain - hail - hail impacts - crashes - explosions - landing gear - gear rolling - gear skids - afterburners - jet, prop, and turboprop starters - reverse thrust - APU - switches - flaps.

So when you get out of your plane you hear the ambient sounds from the airport etc.

Is there not a similar product for P3Dv4?

Not aware of any. Sure wish there was. 

I have GSX and it gives me more than enough ambient sound, you hear the diesel engines of the trucks, warning beeps of reversing and moving vehicles, conversations with ground services crew, etc.

All that added to the superb immersion of having your airplane being serviced, refuelled, boarded with passengers, etc. so I am sure there are many XP users wishing for an add-on that could do what GSX can do for P3D🙂, if only the SDK of XP was even close to the power of P3D then it could be a slight possibility.. sadly it is not.. but you never know Umberto is a genius! ha-ha

Regards,
S.

GSX has great airport sounds as well as many other things. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Even some aircraft offer that! For instance your can (de)activate ambient sounds in FSL Airbus MCDU.
I wouldn't, however, recommend it together with GSX sounds if you use them - too much at the same time.