Sign in to follow this  
GPHowell

Sim Weather and P2ATC doesn't match

I have the config in P2ATC set to "sim weather" and my XP-11 root folder selected correctly. I've checked the root folder and whenever I change the weather in the sim (manually or download real-world) there is a new METAR file being generated.

When I look at the weather at my location in P2ATC is doesn't match that shown in XP-11 however. The wind speed and direction are different, as is the temp and visibility.

I can't work out where P2ATC is getting it's weather from. It appears to be reading a METAR file but it's not matching what's programmed in the sim.

Any ideas?

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)

If you have the Weather set to use SIM weather and are running X-Plane, it is reading the weather from the METAR.rwx file as you suspected.

However, if you have the refresh rate set to, for example, 10 minutes, then it only reads that file if it's been more than 10 minutes since the last time it read it.

Set the refresh time to 1 minute and if you wait a minute after the file is updated by X-Plane, it should match.

Dave