Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

FSDT GSX Repeatable crash

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

Do you have any other FSDT airports, and if so, do you get the error at any of them?

I wonder about deleting the couatl folder, uninstall GSX, reinstall GSX, run Live Updater?

I have the demo versions of IAH and JFK, haven’t tried it there. It used to work at SFO, as I tested when I first got it, but now it doesn’t seem to work. I’ll try that when I get back to my computer and will report back when I do. 

14 minutes ago, somiller said:

Do you have any other FSDT airports, and if so, do you get the error at any of them?

I wonder about deleting the couatl folder, uninstall GSX, reinstall GSX, run Live Updater?

What folder(s) should I delete?

John,

Actually, I wouldn't delete the Couatl folder, I would uninstall GSX and KSFO, and if it asks if you want to uninstall Addon Manager or Couatl, select yes, then reinstall KSFO, then GSX, then make sure to run Live Updater from the shortcut that is placed on your desktop during the reinstall. This should clear out any possible issues with Couatl.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 minutes ago, somiller said:

John,

Actually, I wouldn't delete the Couatl folder, I would uninstall GSX and KSFO, and if it asks if you want to uninstall Addon Manager or Couatl, select yes, then reinstall KSFO, then GSX, then make sure to run Live Updater from the shortcut that is placed on your desktop during the reinstall. This should clear out any possible issues with Couatl.

I’ve reinstalled Couatl, the addon manager, and GSX already, with no change. I can try it at EWR or BNA and see if it works there. I’ll report back when I’ve tested it. If it works then they KSFO will be reinstalled. If not, then what should I do?

I suspect reinstalling KSFO will solve your problem...once again, if it asks to uninstall Addon Manager, select yes, then reinstall KSFO and run Live Updater from the desktop shortcut.

I assume when you got the update notice when your sim was running you selected yes to install the update. I did that once and it caused all kinds of problems for me...since then, I've seen a post by Umberto of FSDT that the in-sim updater doesn't work, that one should only use the Live Updater when the sim isn't running. I just got one of those in-sim notices the other day, but I selected NO and when I finished my flight, I shut everything down and then ran Live Update, and so far, no problems.

I just tried KSFO, Gate A3 with PMDG 747. I docked the jetways, boarded passengers, requested GSX pushback, once I got the all clear I started engines during pushback, waited for gear unpin etc. and after all clear, taxied out...all with no error.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Confirmed that it works at BNA in the 737, but not SFO in the 747 or 777. I’ll try reinstalling SFO and see if that solves it.

My question is that if it doesn’t work, why is it still in the program?

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

My question is that if it doesn’t work, why is it still in the program?

That's a great question, now, isn't it? I thought the same thing when I saw that post...but I've had some long-drawn-out arguments with Umberto on FSDT forums, so I just didn't feel like fighting another battle with him.

I'll be very frank...Umberto does some pretty good airports, but considering his attitude towards customers, and the fact Couatl is such a HORRIBLE program, if another, decent developer ever offers the same airports, I'll replace FSDT sceneries.

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Just reinstalled SFO, the problem appears to still be present. Any other ideas?

Just now, somiller said:

I'll be very frank...Umberto does some pretty good airports, but considering his attitude towards customers, and the fact Couatl is such a HORRIBLE program, if another, decent developer ever offers the same airports, I'll replace FSDT sceneries.

According to him, it is a very good program, it’s just peoples sims that mess it up...

Well, first you need to get your sim running( hopefully you saved your FlightBeam download), then go to the add-ons menu, DEACTIVATE KSFO from the FSDT add-on manager, uninstall KSFO using the program features in Winsdows, then  install it with FlightBeam's installer.

See if that fixes it.  If you already did that, my apologies.

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren

Yeah the issue still is present. I’m at a loss as to what to do now.

Just now, BuddyDog said:

Well, first you need to get your sim running( hopefully you saved your FlightBeam download), then go to the add-ons menu, DELETE KSFO from the FSDT add-on manager, uninstall KSFO using the program features in Winsdows, then  install it with FlightBeam's installer.

See if that fixes it.  If you already did that, my apologies.

Already done, I did that when v2 of SFO was released. No worries.

Does SFO show as installed in FSDT Addon Manager?

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1