Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What do you guys think of Air Hauler 2?

Just a quick question, can i limit the possible destinations to certain airports i have 3rd party scenery for?

Thanks for the detailed answer Chock.

Anyone here using Majestic Q400 and Air Hauler 2 can confirm there is no issue ? (The outside flight model of the Q400 make it hard for some client to read the data and hence understand that the engine are running / aircraft is flying)

The program itself is complex enough to keep you engaged for a good while. It gives you a sense of direction within your sim. However i find the visuals of the program to be bland and reminding me more of playing a spreadsheet than anything. Because of this i am eager to see what Rex’ Simair will bring to the table when or if it eventually comes. Right now AH2 is definately the best in the market for what it does. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

7 hours ago, Woozie said:

Just a quick question, can i limit the possible destinations to certain airports i have 3rd party scenery for?

Well you could, but it would require you to do the following: Let's say you had payware scenery for these four airports: Heathrow EGLL, Paris LFPG, Kennedy KJFK and Almeria LEAM, you could build bases at those four airports, and then in the job generation options slider settings, you could put the 'internal jobs' generation option on max settings, and that would generate mostly freight jobs between your bases. But you'd need to be aware that one of the developer's goals when creating Air Hauler, was to provide flight simmers with the incentive to fly to airports which they  might not normally consider going to; because that is one of its aims, you actually get less reputation points per job for flying internal jobs between your bases, and so do your AI pilots. That's why I flew my ATL-98 all the way to Nigeria from Liverpool last night hauling a cargo hold full of fizzy drinks, which took ages since it has a maximum cruise speed of about 200 knots!

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 24/11/2017 at 11:53 PM, Brian Weinrich said:

Hi, I use air hauler in Nomad mode. This mode does not require you to have a base and run a cargo line. I also have another company that fly's for missionary air fellowship www.maf.org as pretend company. The amount of humanitarian missions are limited. You cannot create your own. If you can, try to get on the early access forum at just flight to read all the posts. AH2 gives a reason to fly . It is also still being enhanced. 

Would you kindly find the time to explain to us mere mortals, who have had no breakfast today (!), how Nomad works ?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Gabe777

As I don't care much for flying to/from default airports, does AH2 allow you to define a  subset of airports to operate to/from

It generates a list of jobs from / to your base and some inbetween.  You choose a base(s) airport.  The cost of base varies based on grass, paved, lights, and ils, amongst other factors.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

As I don't care much for flying to/from default airports, does AH2 allow you to define a  subset of airports to operate to/from

Indirectly, yes it does. For cargo operations, AH regularly generates a number of cargo jobs which have various time limits for when they need to be completed, with various sizes of cargo to be hauled to and from airports all over the world. But, all of those parameters can be fine tuned in the options, whereby you can specify the size of jobs it generates, how many it generates, the range of the jobs etc. However, since you can open bases for your cargo (and passenger) operations, it is possible to select an option to generate more base-to-base jobs, and of course you can also simply choose to only fly jobs between your bases anyway, as it will generate a lot of them if you specify that as your preference. Where passenger ops are concerned, you set up schedules between bases, and since you can open a base at any airport you like for either cargo and/or passenger ops, obviously you can choose to only open bases for which you have decent scenery.

I've done all that stuff for my airline company in Air Hauler 2, so I have five bases, all of which I have good scenery for, these being Archangelsk, Liverpool, Paris Le Bourget, Almeria and Dakar, so I run a regular scheduled service with three Cessna CJ4 private jets running between Archangelsk, Le Bourget and Liverpool, plus major cargo operations between Almeria and Dakar utilising two Carvair DC-4 conversions, linking Europe to Africa.

When not running these ops or flying ad hoc flights between those bases, I use a B787 and an A330 to fly ad-hoc cargo flights to wherever I fancy, which means I can get to some interesting places, although some of these I won't have fancy scenery for, but I don't worry about that too much for those flights.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

I have it and love it I have a freight operation based in Alaska flying Beech 18s,DC-6,C-46 and a Connie. Got another outfit in the Carribean flying DC-8s and 727s. It's fun to simulate fly by night ops or charter ops using GA and corporate style planes

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

On 11/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, Bushido5 said:

Thanks for the detailed answer Chock.

Anyone here using Majestic Q400 and Air Hauler 2 can confirm there is no issue ? (The outside flight model of the Q400 make it hard for some client to read the data and hence understand that the engine are running / aircraft is flying)

I'm sure you can use it if you use network mode,that's the only way to get PMDG stuff to work in it 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yup, I can confirm that the Majestic Dash Eight (and the Virtualcol Dash Eight also for that matter) both work just fine in Air Hauler 2. I use the Majestic Dash Eight with P3D V4, but be aware that because it has a lot of fancy stuff going on, you need to use a little trick to ensure the MJ Q400 is updating its status in AH: Air Hauler (both 1 and 2) reads engine throttle settings and not condition lever settings,  so you can sometimes find AH does not detect that you've cranked the engines up and started taxying, therefore if AH does not give you the 'Taxi and Take Off' message in P3D/FSX, or does not show you 'En Route', just press Control+E and AH 1/2 will 'wake up' and correctly monitor your aeroplane's position.

Alan Bradbury

I really love this AH2. It really adds some purpose to using p3d. 

With REX hd airports, and all the orbx freeware, I been pleasantly surprised by many an airport. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Incidentally, on the subject of the Dash Eight in AH2, it's actually one of the best moneyspinners you can add to your fleet, as it is in real life and for pretty much all the same reasons as in real life. With an MTOW of 66,000, it can be flown by AI pilots which you employ in AH who have relatively low wage demands, yet it can carry 68 passengers, can operate from cheaper bases, yet it is almost as fast as a jet and has a range well suited to managing many flights per day. At just 1.8 million to lease, and 14.5 million to buy outright, And only 121,000 to insure per month, it only has to make just shy of two million per month to get well in profit, so you can set up a high density passenger route with the thing and have it earn a great deal of money from operating many flights per day back and forth.

Alan Bradbury