Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch FltSim v2.4.10 RC

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.4.10 Release Candidate is now available!

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

This update includes:

• IDENT mode: it overrides the NAV1/2 audio panel while active, while still permitting to change NAV1/2 audio selection in the GTN. It also work with GTN+GNS V2 on the same panel!
  • Fixes Avionics bus / battery bus problem introduced in the last update.
  • Fixes Various issues with the "Use Simulator GPS Commands" settings.
  • Fixes Transponder switching to 1200 during takeoff.
  • Further fixes the GTN trainer process stuck in boot, aka 'black screen'.
  • Stability and performance enhancements.

Download link for both e-commerce installers

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Installed these after uninstalling original purchase from last night.  I still have the issue of nothing showing on the screen.  I let the install place files to their default location per the installer but still no dice.  I am trying to get it working in the Alebeo C404.  I set the aircraft up for the F1 750 (which I do not have) just to set up the panel correctly and then replaced any instance of the F1 product with the rxp 750.  I see the rxp unit in the virtual cockpit and pop up but neither of them turn on.

I have my aircraft installed outside of the main P3D v4 folder and am wondering if that is causing problems.  I'm going to try a few things and see if I can make any progress.

LouP

OK, moved the aircraft to the P3D v4 folder, that did not help.  I checked the xml files and they seem to be written similar to my GNS v2 entries but no dice.  I loaded up an aircraft with the gns in it and that is still working fine.  I am now at a loss and not sure what to do next.  Help!

LouP 

Hi Lou,

Did you install the Garmin Trainer software as well ?

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott, It installed when I ran the installation for the 750.  I uninstalled everything from the version I downloaded last night including the Garmin trainer and reinstalled this version today but still no good.  It does feel like the trainer isn't even running but I'm not sure what to do about that.  I'd try re-installing the 750 trainer if I knew where to download the install for it.

LouP

Hi Lou,

Yeah - I had a similar issue - black screen on the gauge - as I tried to use the F1 Garmin Trainer I had already installed - no joy... I fixed it by installing a second time and the RXP installer prompted me to install the Garmin software... Perhaps - just try uninstalling the Garmin Trainer software - then do the RXP install again and I would assume the installer would recognize that you have no trainer and prompt you again ? We're just brainstorming  here so - the other alternative is to see what Jean-Luc has to say... 

Regards,

Scott

OK, thanks Scott.  I have faith in you guys.  I think I purchased every RXP product there is/was since FS9 and have not been disappointed yet.  I'll try your suggestion and see if it works.

LouP

Hi Lou,

Yeah - thanks - me too... I bought the T and N line gauges - plus the GNS units multiple times... I didn’t buy the Apollo - I think that’s the only one I skipped... They definitely improved my FS experience - greately...

Regards,

Scott

7 minutes ago, LouP said:

OK, thanks Scott.  I have faith in you guys.  I think I purchased every RXP product there is/was since FS9 and have not been disappointed yet.  I'll try your suggestion and see if it works.

LouP

The apollos were actually pretty cool units.  I actually miss them.

So I tried your suggestions and noticed some weirdness that may help resolve this.  After the install of the Garmin trainer it launched by itself and I turned the power on, the TXI lit up but not the 750.

LouP

Hi Lou,

Yeah - I like some of the older instruments as well - I learned for real on a Northstar Loran and a Century I autopilot...

Sounds like progress...

Regards,

Scott

Hi, I like the Apollo a lot, not only because it was the first RXP product, but also because it has (at the time) some kind of 'coolness' in FS. Now when compared to the GTN, even to the GNS V2... ;-)

As for the GTN, can you please cross check the content of the RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path)?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean Luc,  Yes the Apollo was so cool ;-)

Here are the logs:

17/11/25 19:44:36.018 10384 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.10.0
17/11/25 19:44:36.017 10384 INFO ]
17/11/25 19:44:40.924 02016 INFO ]
17/11/25 19:44:41.762 05132 ERROR] Trainer Failed Task: 00000001
17/11/25 19:44:41.764 05132 ERROR] The specified procedure could not be found., code: 0000007f

LouP

@LouP it is the typical trainer boot sequence hang, aka 'black screen'.

The GTN v2.4.10 RC includes further adjustments to eliminate this problem which happens from time to time with few of our customers. We are not sure yet what exactly is the root cause, but we've eliminated much of the probable causes in v2.4.9 and v2.4.10.

Most of the time, cycling the power on/off to let the chance to reboot the trainer helps a lot. Usually after a couple tries it works. Otherwise, it might be a case were rebooting the computer and starting fresh helps. We can't eliminate the issue might be in the Garmin trainer code itself, and this what we're also trying to find out. We'll certainly issue a few more RC before official v2.4.10 release specifically to address this.

7 hours ago, RXP said:

@LouP it is the typical trainer boot sequence hang, aka 'black screen'.

The GTN v2.4.10 RC includes further adjustments to eliminate this problem which happens from time to time with few of our customers. We are not sure yet what exactly is the root cause, but we've eliminated much of the probable causes in v2.4.9 and v2.4.10.

Most of the time, cycling the power on/off to let the chance to reboot the trainer helps a lot. Usually after a couple tries it works. Otherwise, it might be a case were rebooting the computer and starting fresh helps. We can't eliminate the issue might be in the Garmin trainer code itself, and this what we're also trying to find out. We'll certainly issue a few more RC before official v2.4.10 release specifically to address this.

In his case, the trainer seems to not working stand alone also

So I tried your suggestions and noticed some weirdness that may help resolve this.  After the install of the Garmin trainer it launched by itself and I turned the power on, the TXI lit up but not the 750

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Hi, this all point to the direction of a bug in the Garmin trainer code introduced around v6.11, which is when we've had the first black screen reports. We're continuing looking into this and analyzing the trainer code to further find the root cause.