Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

World Flight in the Learjet

I'm sure most of us have flown around the world in FS at least one time, but I'm currently doing it whilst studying for finals. I started at KSAT, then flew to Bangor, Iqualiut? (CYFB), Narsarsuaq, London City, Skiathos, Doha, and now I'm fueling up at Bangalore, India. Been at it two days now, no time suppression. The entire flight is being flown with paint N791GL. The flight goes a lot faster at a ground speed of 500 than you'd expect... makes the legs more bearable.

Anyway, just thought I'd brag about my half-circumnavigation in progress while I take a study break. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend (if you celebrate that)! :-) If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, then, at least, happy weekend.

• Upvote 1

Hi...

Good luck on your finals...

Nope - never flew around the world - longest flight ever LAX to HNL in a POSKY modded 777 in FS9 and I’ll probably not do that again... 2.5 is about the max I can sit there...

Bangor - I’m looking for my retirement house up there - Maine is fantastic...

Yeah -still getting my v4 setup - time to make the effort and get all my Lear keys mapped again... I still love this plane... 

Enjoy the trip...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

15 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Nope - never flew around the world - longest flight ever LAX to HNL in a POSKY modded 777 in FS9 and I’ll probably not do that again... 2.5 is about the max I can sit there...

Yeah -still getting my v4 setup - time to make the effort and get all my Lear keys mapped again... I still love this plane... 

Enjoy the trip...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks, Scott. 

Had to stay in Bangalore for a while. I've been writing non-stop for 14 hours now. Gotta make more coffee. :-)

On 11/25/2017 at 8:42 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Enjoy the trip...

Regards,

Scott

Check out the income tax and property taxes in Maine. Rent before you buy.

Wrote my 60 page outline for Evidence, and had a chance to fly a bit yesterday, and a bit more today. Currently sitting at Chiang Mai, Thailand (where I've spent months IRL--lovely place). Next up: Chaing Mai to Taipei. 

Hi...

16 hours ago, silverheels2 said:

Check out the income tax and property taxes in Maine. Rent before you buy.

Thanks - will do...

21 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Wrote my 60 page outline for Evidence, and had a chance to fly a bit yesterday, and a bit more today. Currently sitting at Chiang Mai, Thailand (where I've spent months IRL--lovely place). Next up: Chaing Mai to Taipei. 

On your world tour - do you have upgraded scenery on the way or just default ? That's what has really stopped me from ever trying something like this - the expense of getting scenery upgrades I'd seldom use...

Made it to Phuket courtesy of Uncle Sam... Incredible place - really...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi...

Thanks - will do...

On your world tour - do you have upgraded scenery on the way or just default ? That's what has really stopped me from ever trying something like this - the expense of getting scenery upgrades I'd seldom use...

Made it to Phuket courtesy of Uncle Sam... Incredible place - really...

Regards,
Scott

Hey, Scott:

First, I go to http://www.freewarescenery.com/ to look for custom scenery on the map, then pick out my flight, and then route plan via SimBrief.com. I love how SimBrief allows you to download flight plans straight to the F1 GTN. I make my decisions based on availability of good custom scenery at those locations.

Yes, Thailand is a wonderful place. One of the nicest on earth, and the people make it even more so. I've never been anywhere where folks are so incredibly nice all the time. The wife and I have plans to retire to Thailand. It's a great place, and retirement bucks go so much farther there. I have several friends already retired there. :-)

(currently over the Gulf of Tonkin)

• Upvote 1