Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Correct sequence to load and exit ChasePlane

Like many other I use SimStarterNG to launch P3D and then launch various addons including ChasePlane. I have SimStarterNG configured so it doesn't launch CP until P3D is ready. That means aircraft at a gate at an airport.

That works fine but the problem starts when I exit P3D. Because CP will only terminate after P3D I keep getting a message than CP has stopped working after I have exited P3D. I press the option to close it.

But it would be better if some allowance could be made so CP can close in an orderly way. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe having detected P3D has closed it could keep running for x seconds so SimStarterNG can then close it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We are receiving a lot of logs reporting this crash, yet we haven't been able to replicate it yet.

SimStarter is a great research path to follow indeed. We will do some tests with it to see what goes wrong.

Can you tell us in more detail how you integrated ChasePlane in the SimStarter process so that we can replicate it?

Thanks for pointing it out!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have simstarter too.

I start CP via the Autolunch. Closing the sim gives me also very often a CP crash.

Max

9 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

We are receiving a lot of logs reporting this crash, yet we haven't been able to replicate it yet.

SimStarter is a great research path to follow indeed. We will do some tests with it to see what goes wrong.

Can you tell us in more detail how you integrated ChasePlane in the SimStarter process so that we can replicate it?

Thanks for pointing it out!

Hi Kevin,

I start CP via Run Manager. I opt to end the program when P3D ends but it seems you look for a handshake to P3D constantly and as soon as it's broken CP stops working. Whether you consider that a 'crash' or just 'not responding' I'll leave to you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather