Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

Captain Sim 757 in beta

It's in beta, they are also looking for painters with more than 100 livrried in the Avsim library to receive a copy of the best and the paintkit. First come, first serve. Only 10 copies will be given out. Shouldn't be too much longer until the release, by the look of things! Finally a 757 for v4!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1947039271978521&id=115945288421271

I hope everyone who gets a copy is permitted to show images etc. Or if CS would just show us some more, haha! I'm getting so impatient!!!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

This is where QW needs to come clean on whether their 757 will be updated for V4 and when it will be released. Same for LDS. I need a 757 and if I buy one, I won't buy the others. If I don't see an alternative in the near future, I may go for the CS one.

That being said, I've had issues with previous CS stuff. My biggest complaint was that they were set of for their preset views. If you try to deviate from the preset camera positions, you end up with missing parts. I assume they did that to improve performance, but it made the product less flexible. They may have updated things since my last purchase, but that is the impression I was left with.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

9 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

This is where QW needs to come clean on whether their 757 will be updated for V4 and when it will be released.

Somehow I doubt this. Maybe, they'll eventually update their 757 for P3Dv4 (if it even can be done, given it's age) but we're probably looking a serveral years before I see that happening. The QW 787 for P3Dv4 needs to be done first - and honestly I don't see that coming before - at least - sometime in 2019...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm getting this. I was happy with my CS757 plus you all have to remember that the 757 was their very first FMC airliner. Prior to that they had basically F-lite airplanes. Now they have a lot of experience with with their aircraft. The 777 in example is not a bad aircraft. So I'd they completely redid the 757 I am already a customer. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Nice

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Looking forward to seeing this release. 757...still my favorite jetliner.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I was on the fence about them as well, but seeing that they’ve rewritten a lot of the systems makes me very excited to try it out!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

What does their post mean? 

I assume the catch is the title.  "1983 is sooner than you think".   Referring to the push from Boeing to market the aircrafts release in 1983.  Sounds like a hint its very close to being released in our modern day 1983=2017. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

On 11/25/2017 at 0:09 PM, duckbilled said:

This is where QW needs to come clean on whether their 757 will be updated for V4 and when it will be released. Same for LDS. I need a 757 and if I buy one, I won't buy the others. If I don't see an alternative in the near future, I may go for the CS one.

Developers don't need to come clean on what there working on or release dates just so you can decide which 757 you want to buy. Sounds like your not a big fan of CS and you need the other developers release something or your stuck buying the CS757. I have flown the CS 757 and the QW 757 and I like the CS version more. CS, LDS and QW prices are no where near PMDG level so I'm sure many of us will buy from multiple developers the 757 that gives us the best experience. 

I also bet many users who buy the CS757 will also buy the LDS 757 if one ever comes out based on the performance of the old 767. I don't see QW updating there 757 due to all the work still happening on the 787. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

As per the FB post, the holiday release is delayed due to outstanding bugs. 

Captains,
The 757 Beta 3 testing is over. A few things still don't work the way we want them to. Which means no release in 2017... 
But! We'll release the Beta 4 for in-house testing soon. So technically we'd start selling it as well. Would you buy the Beta 4? Vote at: http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl…

I would be interested in the beta simply because really looking forward to flying the 757, but this buying into beta has alot of sour notes from other case files. At least its not supposedly rushed out the door with bugs and there is some sort of endeavor to squash outstanding bugs.  There needs to be a commitment to getting any subsequent bugs done as well after release. CS doesnt have the best record for this by any means, but its our only hope for flying a 757 any time soon . Level D I dont think will even be 2018 given the silence and lack of progress reports and pace of development. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

8 hours ago, HighTowers said:

As per the FB post, the holiday release is delayed due to outstanding bugs. 

I would be interested in the beta simply because really looking forward to flying the 757, but this buying into beta has alot of sour notes from other case files. At least its not supposedly rushed out the door with bugs and there is some sort of endeavor to squash outstanding bugs.  There needs to be a commitment to getting any subsequent bugs done as well after release. CS doesnt have the best record for this by any means, but its our only hope for flying a 757 any time soon . Level D I dont think will even be 2018 given the silence and lack of progress reports and pace of development. 

OMG my thoughts exactly Dave.  Was about to post this over in the CS forum, in response if I'd pay for a beta from them?:laugh::laugh:

The answer for me is a resounding yes, but only if you offer the following:

• Show me a video of the FMC being programmed, fully.
  • Show me a video of changes being made to the FMC, affecting the flight of the aircraft properly.
  • Show me a video of the MCP in use, all knobs as switches in flight, affecting the flight of the aircraft properly.
  • Show me a video of a normal startup from cold and dark, what happens when you try to start with the pacs misconfigured, APU start, Air Cart start, etc.
  • Show me a video of climbing to altitude and viewing the pressurization gauge working normally, and a misconfigured system triggering warnings.

In other words, what you've shown us so far is indeed beautiful and what you're commonly known for, however I'm not interested in paying for a nice model with no substance, like I did with your 1st 757 and the infamous "Block" program. (Some of us who've been around here long enough remember that little stunt and how long it took for you to finally release "Block F" which was the actual avionics and nav systems)

Guarantee that if I buy your beta at full price, you will set a date when I'll receive the fully completed version, and every month you miss the deadline I receive 12.5% of my initial purchase price back, and after 8 months of a delayed product, I receive a full refund for a beta product I purchased that you could not deliver on a very generous completion schedule.

Do these things listed above and you'll prove to us that you're serious about completing this aircraft to today's standards for a complex airliner.
Otherwise you're once again asking the simming community to
blindly trust that you'll completely finish this project after you already have our money (Where is the incentive for you to complete this once you have a full purchase price from us I might ask?)

I have a feeling this post would last about 3 mins over in their forum and I'd be branded as a malcontent, what do you think?  It's sad that so many young simmers are ready to just throw money at them again after seeing videos of a great model (no doubt they can produce them all day long...but systems...working systems...not so much). 

PT Barnum's famous quote should be the corporate mission statement and pasted on every single CS webpage. :laugh:

• Upvote 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg