Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

Scenery Library

Hi, I want to ask about p3d4.1 scenery library. From number 1 to 10 sceneries is not able to click on them or move them up or down. Is it something wrong with the sceneries?

Geo

21 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi, I want to ask about p3d4.1 scenery library. From number 1 to 10 sceneries is not able to click on them or move them up or down. Is it something wrong with the sceneries?

Geo

Are they grayed out? If so then they are using the addon.xml method. Even if it isn't the addon.xml method, if they show up fine and work as expected then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hi and thank you. Yes their grayed and work ok, but please tell me what’s the add on .xml method? 

Geo

When I start my p3d I get a pop up window say that,

—————————-

SCENERY.CFG file error

Could not find scenery 29Palms-LGSK-Skiathos local scenery directory:C:\Program Files\Lockeed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\29Palms\29Palms-LGSK-Skiathos\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area?

—————————-

Please why I get this msg?

Geo

13 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi and thank you. Yes their grayed and work ok, but please tell me what’s the add on .xml method? 

Geo

Pretty much a snazzy way to allow scenery to not have to be in the root folder of P3D, helps in reinstalls so it doesn’t wipe all of your scenery, allows for scenery to be installed wherever on whatever drive you like, and keeps the root folder sterile.

5 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

When I start my p3d I get a pop up window say that,

—————————-

SCENERY.CFG file error

Could not find scenery 29Palms-LGSK-Skiathos local scenery directory:C:\Program Files\Lockeed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\29Palms\29Palms-LGSK-Skiathos\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area?

—————————-

Please why I get this msg?

Geo

P3D isn’t finding the scenery for some reason. Can you confirm that the folder it’s trying to find is actually there?

My Friend I uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery and now no pop up window.

i thank you so much for your support

Geo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

My Friend I uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery and now no pop up window.

i thank you so much for your support

Geo

Glad you got it sorted out!

I have a similar issue.  I re-installed P3Dv4.2  onto a different drive, along with all addons.  When I start P3D,I get the message about two of my sceneries, which the sim thinks is still in original location, which was c/program files/lockheed martin, and so forth. Everything is now on the d: drive.  And in the scenery library, the areas are shaded out.  Just want to remove these two areas from list. Do I have to go to .xml files? 

Steve Sumner