Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D 4.1

Hi, I want to ask something about P3D 4 folder.

My p3D is installed on C SSD Drive in Program Files. I have another SSD nearly empty and I wonder if I can move the main folder of P3D to that one because C SSD Drive is nearly full.

Please is it possible ? Because to reinstall it on the new SSD it should take many days with those add ons i have

Please advise

Geo

If C is also your system drive, then I wouldnt advise moving p3d directly to another drive without uninstalling. Alternatively, to free up some space, you can move all your sceneries to the new SSD, and add them manually to the scenery library.

Hi, C Drive is my OS Drive (Win10 pro) and on the first time while I installed P3D 4  went into Program Files. Please explain me how is the best way to move it to the new SSD Drive (E:) and if other add ons shouls be infected

Geo

I just did....but I copied non OS HDD (include p3dv4) to SSD non OS as well, using partition assistant. Change the drive letter and I am currently above Russia from OMDB to CYYZ, testing it, but it appears that boot was super fast and all addons are in working order. But don't just move files around. That is big NO!

I assume that your C: is OS disc and if already full, clone it to bigger SSD. But clone it using manufacturer software, i.e. Magician if Samsung. I did on old machine year back and all went smoothly.

Cheers

Alex 

If you want to move to move the P3D installation to a new drive, I would recomment a full uninstall and reinstall to the new location. 

Regarding the addons, it all depends if the addon installs in the sim folder or outside. For example, A2A aircraft and FSDG sceneries are installed outside the sim folder and do not require a reinstall,

whereas Aersoft and PMDG are installed in the SIM folder, and will have to be reinstalled. 

If you provide a list of addons, I think other people on here will be able to advise if a reinstall is required.

Cyyzrwy24 because my English is not so good please explain me when you have time how shall I do it please.

looking forward your advise if it’s going to work

Geo